-1-

Chapter One | The Heat is On

Pyro's P.O.V.

The loud noise from my alarm clock filled my bedroom. I slowly turn over to push the snooze button. My body felt heavy like lead and overheated as if I was burning from the inside out. I felt exhausted yet, at the same time, exploding with energy. My body covered in a cold sweat as if I did a marathon in my sleep.

I laid there trying to figure what is wrong with me, was I getting sick. My inner beast is restless, trying to claw her way out. The howling from her filled my head, echoing nonstop.

There was a sudden knock at my door before it opened halfway. Peering in was my mother. She raises an eyebrow at me before she sniffed the air. An expression of understanding washed over her face.

"Oh, you've started," she whispered as if she has been expecting something to happen to me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked in confusion as I made my way to the edge of my bed. That only took more out of me then I thought, nearly making me pass out. "Am I sick?"

"No, you are in heat," she informed me before yelling for my sister to come, closing the afterward "I have to tell your father to put the boys in a room."

"I'm in what?" I gasped in shock over her statement.

"Your beast, she is in heat."

She made her way over to me, placing her hand on my forehead. Her touch sent my body into a frenzy. An electrical sensation rippled from my forehead, washing over my entire body. I couldn't help but fall back into my bed as the howls of my inner beast grew louder.

"You're burning up," she said, sounding concern of my current state.

Just then, my older cousin Tasha walked into the room. As soon as she saw me, she knew what was going on.

"It's about time he started," Tasha said sarcastically.

I was barely able to hear what she said over the loud howls that echoed in my head. The howling was giving me the worst headache beyond anything thing I could imagine. What's worse was how everything that touches me sent my body in a heated frenzy. With the slightest of touch was a fight with my inner beast. She was trying to take over and make me shift.

"Make it stop!" I screamed tiredly.

"Sorry, but this is something that can't be stopped at will," I heard my mother say between the howls of my beast "hopefully it will end sooner than later."

My mother ordered me to take deep breaths as she picked me up. She carried me to her bathroom and laid me in the massive tub. "This should help with feeling like you are on fire and help calm your beast," she informed in a soft voice.

She turned on the cold water, letting it fill the tub. As soon as my body was submerged, I could feel the change. My body didn't feel like it was about to burst into flame, and my beast wasn't trying to make me shift. She was still howling, but it was more manageable than moments ago.