chapter 25

I kept my gaze on the five sleeping girls on the floor. My head is telling me that it's not a good idea to trust them, but my heart says other wise. Is this how they used to make me feel? God, it is a very confusing feeling. I place the note back down on the counter and walk back up the stairs with one last look at the five girls. I pass my bedroom, looking through the doorway to see Cara cuddled up to my pillow and her hair still sprawled out across her face. I continue walking down the hall, and I walk up another flight of stairs.

As I reach the top of the third floor there are more rooms that I have yet to look at, but my body just starts directing me to the room at the end of the hallway and when I get inside... It's a music studio. I look around at the different instruments on the floor as well as the awards the walls. I walk up to the recording booth sitting down in one of the chairs in front of the large panel with endless buttons. All of this, this is familiar. I can't quite put a pin on it, but I know that feeling of familiarity. I look along the panel and see a notebook at the end.

I scoot the chair over to where it is and pick it up, I run my fingers along the worn out leather. I examine the outside of awhile before flipping the cover open. There was writing on the inside cover.

'To our lovely, Y/N. We thought you would like somewhere to write your songs and the world deserves to hear them. Here's to one day, here's to us, and here's to our love. xoxoxoxo

- Dinah, Ally, Normani, Lauren, and Camila'

I trace the slightly faded writing before I continue to look through the pages. One particular song stuck out to me and it looked like a I left a little note on the top of the song.

'I never stopped loving them, but every time I think of them... I'm in love again.'

I read over the title and the song a few times before, before messing around with a few instruments and making a few beats, also pressing a few buttons on the panel before stepping inside of me booth. Taking the notebook with me. I rest the open notebook on the stand in front of me as I slide the headphones over my ears. I let out a soft breath before standing before the microphone when the music drowns my hearing.

Here goes nothing.

Time's been ticking, hearts are runnin'

Think that Cupid's up to somethin'

You asked me how I feel, I say nothin'

But lately color seems so bright

And the stars light up the night

My feet they feel so light

I'm ignoring all the signs

I keep on frontin', yeah, I stay bluffin'

I keep you wonderin'

Keep you huntin' for my lovin'

But I crave us huggin'

Yeah, I stay stubborn

Cause I can't admit that you got all the strings

And know just how to tug 'em

I think I'm in love again

(My head, yeah, you're in my head)

I think I'm in love again

(My head, yeah, you're in my head)

I didn't think it could be true

Let alone that it would be you