22-♪- Make You Feel My love My Little Iris

♪-Chapter-22

Aria:

            It’s been two days and he still hasn’t woken up.

            The shower water beats down on me, bouncing off surfaces to land on my face.

            They said it was a miracle I was alive.

            Even though nobody said it out loud, it should have been me, lying in that hospital bed unconscious… not Teegan.

            The water pools around me, soaking my hospital gown and shorts, the droplets spraying across my face in a fury, my heart turning and writhing.

            Yet no tears fell.

            I couldn’t cry.

            Instead, all I felt was a numbing sense of disgust and hatred.

                                    When the rain

                                    Is blowing in your face

                                    And the whole world

                                    Is on your case

            He was always there to help me.

            He was so stupid at times, always putting others first… I think angrily, even though the anger was mostly directed at myself.

            I bite my lip, the taste of rusty blood upon my tongue.

            All I could remember was the feeling of a vast, penetrating fear.

            My clothes feel sticky and heavy from soaking up all the water, but I could care less as I sit in the shower, fully clothed as the water showers upon me.

            I clench my right hand, the hand everyone says Teegan held.

            The same hand Teegan held, refusing to leave me.

                                    When the evening shadows

                                    And the stars appear

                                    And there is no - one there

                                    To dry your tears

            “You stupid boy, look where you ended up,” I choke out, feeling a lump in my throat that I couldn’t get rid of.

            He looked so sick.

            Sitting there beside his bed, alone at night was the worst part.

            A pale hue radiates from his skin, his lips a light shade of blue and tubes hooked up in his arms.

            I shake my head hard, trying to forget the way he looked, his eyes closed and his breathing shallow.