Mommy??

Chapter One- The Meeting

Valentina's P.O.V

I'm nineteen years old, just waiting to graduate from my high school, finishing up some classes, and then get my diploma or whatever. My name is Valentina Ethel Roberts, I am 5'6'', with long brown/black hair. Big dark brown eyes, I'm tanned.

I would say that I am averge looking, but my friends call me beautiful all the time. I don't listen to them sometimes....but don't tell them that. Hehe.

Today we were waiting in the gym, the whole school. Waiting for this lady to come in with some kids, and talk about adoption. I don't know why, nor do I care. I know that sounds heartless, but I don't want to think about those kind of things just yet, I want to go through with what I've had planned since I was ten. And that involves dancing, both my native and non-native dancing, and writing.

But don't let those fool you, because that day in the gym changed my life for good, in a way I never thought possible. Sure you hear that a whole lot, but I mean that. And it changed for the better, I found the other one that I would die for, love for as long as I live, care for, spoil, and cherish my time with them for the rest of my life.

Before you go and jump to conclusions, what I mean is that a love that everyone wants, well a majority do anyways, but what I mean is that I found that I fell in love with the little baby boy that was in the lady's arms and looking down at the ground.

I felt like how my mom must feel when she sees me, when you feel the fierce protectiveness of them, and would do anything to please them, make them smile and laugh.

But before I felt all that, he caught my eye and I stopped pretending to listen and actually listened in on what they were saying.

"Now the steps towards adoption are; Attend an information session. Complete police clearance and medical report. Attend adoption classes. Complete family and social histories, and provide refrences. Get adoption practitioner assigned and complete home study. Have the child placed with you. Then a Probationary Period, which is follow-up visits from the adoption practitioner. Submit post-placement report to the ministry in charge of adoption. And then you will recieve an Adoption Order from court." The lady explained to us, whilst she was still holding the little baby boy in her arms.

He seemed reluctant to let her go, looked on the verge of tears with the amount of people staring at them, and very uncomfortable.

I felt a sudden wave of protection and possessive thoughts assault me at once, I gasped at the foreign feelings, making Sam look at me oddly.

"You OK?" He whispers wrapping an arm around my shoulders, comforting me.

I blush with embarrassment, nodding looking down at my feet. "Sorry," I mumble looking back at the lady and the baby boy.

"You sure?" He looks at me closely, looking worried and concerned. That's what I loved about Sam, he worries about you, cares about you. I don't mean that I'm in love with him, he's gay, I mean in a brotherly way.

I nod and put a finger to my lips, silencing him. I look back at the lady and she's already looking at me, I freeze, looking back at her.

Why is she looking at me like that?! I think frantically. She beckons me with a nod of her head. I point at me, she nods and uses her hand this time.

I gulp looking to Sam quickly, then making my way to her. "Yes?" I ask quizically.

"What's your name?" She smiles politely at me, she looks to be in her mid-twenties. With black hair in a neat bun, a dark grey business suit on, and black high heels on.