Chapter Thirty-Nine ۞ Let Me Take a Selfie

Been sick sorry. 😢

After the fight, Keelan and Brindon were taken to the infirmary for their health check and medical attention. Some of the other members of the Circle were left behind to manage the crowd and clean up the mess for the next opening happening tomorrow. Aneeka was frustrated to no end so she had Rowe and three others accompany her–those three poor beings being Elfre and the twins. With the five of them gone, not to mention Raziel said something about taking his much-needed rest after a stressing day, only Corvan, Charles, Tamara, and Valeriana were left to visit the two to see how they were doing.

Brindon and Keelan weren't in that bad of a shape. At least, that was how it seemed to them. The twelfth was still fast asleep and Keelan had been helping himself with a big plate of roasted chicken and baked potatoes when the five came. The plates sat on a supported bed tray resembling a small table which was positioned on Keelan's lap.

They were both covered in bandages. Right from Keelan's right shoulder and down to his arm had been nothing but white. Brindon was on the bed beside his, laying ever still on his stomach with bandages around his waist up to his chest.

Surprisingly, they weren't the only visitors.

Lord Eres was in the room before they came, which made them feel somewhat awkward greeting the boy. Even so, the atmosphere around Keelan had been pleasant as he continued fussing over his food. His brother was quiet, though. His expression was kept strict and firm, his back straight and his lips tight.

Tamara, on the other hand, did not know how to read the situation. She went straight in without any tact, causing her companions to sigh over her stupidity.

"How's it going!" Her tone sounded casual and overwhelmingly cheerful that their eyes turned to her as she marched forward dauntlessly and stopped beside the bed Keelan occupied. "You opened the tournament quite good! Great show with the fight!"

"Tamara!" Keelan waved. "Thank you! I do wish Brindon was awake, though."

"Yeah, well, after how many times he was thrown around, I do think he needs this much sleep." The redhead jerked her thumb over her shoulder as she motioned to the sleeping person behind her.

Keelan laughed guiltily. "That's understandable since I broke his back . . ."

She then turned to the boy's older brother with a confident smile. He had been eyeing her with an unfathomable look. "And look who we have here! How are you doing, Eres?"

His lips turned up slightly. "I am doing fine so far."

The other three sauntered casually behind her, their expressions unreadable. Valeriana was a bit more nervous than anybody else she actually slowed down to fall behind the others. She hoped they wouldn't notice her discomfort having to be in the presence of someone like the continental heir of Denovegasia. Although she was familiar with similar people like Charles, Rowe, and Corvan, there was something about meeting new people that commanded respect which made her feel uncomfortable.

"You are graduating this year, correct?" Eres's small talk with Tamara somehow made Valeriana's impression of him as the Twelve made him look lessen a bit.

"That's right." The third-ranker answered.

So she was actually acquainted with this person already? That was somewhat reasonable since he was a former member of the Twelve. Tamara had stayed in the circle longer than anybody else, so it was no doubt she knew him.

"I see you've managed to maintain a high position." He continued. "This is no time to dawdle, anyhow. It's still long before the graduation."

"I plan to stick by or die." She answered him firmly, her blue eyes narrowing along with the gap of her brows as she spoke. "I will not be defeated. If my position will change, it will be a higher rank."