[43]: Love Ablaze

[43]: Love Ablaze

"Come on, Marie," I mumbled to myself as I waited for Marie to answer my call. I started the car and drove out of the school campus, having no idea where to go.

It was already 4:30 pm, 3 hours (of impatiently waiting) after Grace told me the news. A newfound worry was starting to gnaw in my heart, especially when nobody could tell me which hospital Seth was and what was his current condition and what specifically happened to him.

For the fifth time, Marie didn't answer. I was already feeling discouraged so I didn't bother a sixth time and I decided to go to the hospital nearest the school.

Twenty minutes later, I arrived at St. Dave's Hospital, where my mother works. I practically dashed towards the front doors of the gigantic building and headed to the front desk.

"Hi Thea," the nurse said, recognizing me.

"Hi," I said, not remembering her. "Is Seth Deavon admitted here?"

"Wait just a sec," she said, and turning towards her computer. She typed in some letters and frowned.

"No," she replied. "Cecilia Deavon's son?"

"Nephew," I replied. "Thanks anyway."

"No problem."

And so again, I ran back to my car, not wasting any second of the time. I drove out of the hospital's parking lot and headed to the hospital on the other side of the town, being really careful of the road since it was slippery from the snow.

My phone suddenly rang and Grace's ringtone sounded. "Hello?"

"Did you find him?" she asked.

"No, not yet," I said. "I checked St. Dave's, he wasn't there. I'm driving to Red Crest Hospital right now."

"I hope he's fine," she said. "How about you, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I said. "Dont worry about me. And if my parents call you just tell them I'm sleeping over at you house."

"I got you covered," she said. "Stay safe, okay?"

"Thanks," I said and ended the call. A few minutes later I reached the hospital and made my way towards the front nurse's desk as fast as I can.

"Yes maam, we have a patient named Seth Deavon here. What is your relation to him ma'am?" the nurse asked.

I felt like I have been slapped in the face. What was my relation to him?

"I'm his friend," I decided to say. "Can you tell me which room he's in?"

"Sure, he's in room 472, maam," she replied.

I thanked the nurse and went towards the elevator and entered it. My hands felt so cold and wet under my gloves and when I pressed the button with a four on it, my fingers was shaking.

"Relax, relax," I muttered to myself. "It's going to be fine."

I almost jumped at the ding of the elevator. Once the doors opened, I stepped out. I walked around the hallways and spotted 470... 471... and 472.

I resisted the urge to barge inside the room. I knocked softly on the door and waited, biting my lip as I felt my heartbeat getting louder and louder. The door suddenly opened and I came face to face with a sleepless-looking Tristan.

His eyes widened in surprise. "Thea! Come in, come in," he ushered. Nervously, I stepped in and saw another three sets of eyes looking at me in surprise.

"Thea," Jesse said and went to hug me. I hugged back and the other boys joined us, giving me a group hug.

"Oh my god," I sighed as we hugged. "I missed you guys so much!"