Chapter 7 - Uncle Rick and Ricky Dillon

A lot of people told me they felt sorry for me. Lots of people said they were praying for my family. I thanked them.

I was looking at the rest of the comments when suddenly, my phone rang. It was Ricky. I answered it, and he started talking immediately.

"Eleanor.. Is there something wrong? You just posted an extra video. You never post off schedule. You never post early or late, and you especially don't post extra videos. You titled it "Unexpected Unedited Serious Video". Unexpected? Unedited? You always edit your videos. Serious? Why is it serious? You never end your titles in 'video' either. There's something wrong. What's wrong?" He fired at me.

"Just watch the video.." I told him and hung up. I didn't feel like talking about it right now.

He must've watched it right away. He called me about five minutes later freaking out again, but now he was mad at me.

"Are you okay? Why didn't you tell me?" He asked as soon as I answered.

"Of course I'm not okay. My fucking sister died. My dad threatened to kill me if I told anyone. I think that's what he thought Peytlin did."

"I saw. I'm so sorry, Eleanor. I'm sending you a super big hug right now.." He always says that when I'm sad.

"Thanks."

"I should've noticed this before. I'm such a terrible friend."

"Ricky, you're one of the best friends I could ever have. Don't say that you're a bad friend."

"I didn't say I'm a bad friend. I said I'm a terrible friend, which I am."

"Shut up, Ricky. I'm fine now. Don't worry about me."

"Let me guess.. Your dad broke your camera?"

"Yup. And my tripod."

"Oh, that sucks. Can you get new ones?"

"I don't have the money, and I don't feel like asking my mum for money. I'll just save up until I have enough for them."

"You shouldn't wait. Ask your mom."

"I'm fine with my phone right now. Like I said, don't worry about me."

"I promise you, I will be," he assured me and hung up.

I just laid back on Luke's bed, tired. It's been a long day. I just want to sleep. I fell asleep after a little while. I didn't notice how tired I was until then.

*Luke's POV*

"Thanks Uncle Rick.." I thanked my uncle as I left the school. Having an uncle as a janitor was so helpful sometimes.

I got into my car and drove home. I got home, said hello to my mum and Amy who were talking in the kitchen.

I made my way upstairs and into my room, only to realize Eleanor was lying in my bed. I laid down beside her after changing into sweats and a t-shirt. She woke up slowly and looked at me, smiling.

"Luke.. We can't sleep in the same bed," she told me.

"Don't you feel comfortable sleeping in the same bed?"

"No, I-"

"We're just friends, El. Don't worry."

"Okay."

"Can we cuddle?"

"I don't know.."

"Eleanor.."

"Okay."

"I know you love to cuddle. I can't believe you almost turned down one."

"Want to turn the tv on?"

"Sure.."

I grabbed the remote, turned the tv on, and turned it to something we both liked. She looked at me, and I looked at her, wondering what she wanted.

"What?" I asked.

"Ricky called."

"Really?"

"He saw my video."

"Yesterday's video?"

"No. The one I posted today."

"What? You posted a video today? You never post off schedule or post an extra video."

"I know, but I wanted to tell everyone about what happened today."

"You told the world that?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Can I see it?"

"Yeah, sure," She got out her phone and just played it on there since that's where she had recorded it on.

"Caspar freaking out was hilarious," I laughed after the video ended.

"Yeah, I knew people would like that."

"So you told the whole world about being abused and about your sister.."

"Yup."

"Are you glad you've told them?"

"Actually, yes. I don't feel like I'm lying to them anymore."

"That's good."

"Well I'm tried."

"Me too."

"Where did you go tonight, anyways?"

"Don't worry about it. I went to see my uncle."

"Oh, okay.."

She turned so she was on her back I laid with my front facing her. I watched as her chest started going up and down slower and slower until it was going really slow. She was definitely asleep now.

I put my earbuds in and plugged them into my phone. I turned on "Nobody".. Eleanor introduced me to all of Ricky's songs, and I like this one most. Listening to it, the only thing I could think about was Eleanor.