4.The @ccident!!

It has been almost a month since that incident and three more families came here after informing through the matrimony.

But none worked. The first and last because my father didn't like them much and the second as the guy wanted dowry more than a wife.

I was tired of this by now. Every time I would drape mom's saree and meet them with tea and then take the guy to the garden. It became my routine. And I was tired.

But thanks to Rithu, everything was going fine. Shivji said that I couldn't start my boutique this year. So that left me with nothing to do, other than hangout with Shikha and design the outfits that we will need for the boutique.
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

It was a fine evening when papa came back from office with a news.

"Meera, Dhruvika, come here I want to tell you something." He said as he kept his office bag on the table and removed his shoes and socks.

"What about me?" Whined Rithu.

"Alright drama queen, you also come. And Dhruvika make some hot tea for me." He added on to me. And I proceeded to make tea for him.

"Ma, I'll make it for you too, and Rithu do you need tea or coffee?" I said the last part a bit loudly as she got the glass of water for papa in the living room.

"Tea is fine with me," she yelled back. As I finished my tea, mom came with the tray and glasses and we filled it with tea, and went to living room to listen to whatever papa had to say, who by then had taken a seat in the garden after a short bath.

Rithu was playing basketball in the small basketball posts that papa had fitted for her in the garden. As she saw us, she dropped the ball and came to us.

"Meera, today I saw Rani, do you remember her?" Mom shook her head to his question. We know better than to interrupt him when he talked something serious, which he clearly was now.

"Haa, you know her, she used to work under me as an assistant when you were pregnant with Rithu." Now my mothers confusion was replaced by realization.

"She got transferred here, and we were talking about our lives and children, and I told her about Dhruvika. And she said that one of her friend's son also has shani dosha, and is searching for a bride."

Haa now I knew in which direction the topic was going and that I would be wearing Amma's sari pretty soon.

"According to Rani, the family is very safe, the father is a retired police offer and mother is a retired govt. Teacher. The son is also a police officer. Very handsome and very active. All together, I liked the family. She also said that she will discuss with them after our approval. What do you think??" He asked taking a sip from the tea and turned his chin to Amma.

"Hmm what will I say, let us see, does they have any profile in the matrimonial column??" Mom inferred to which papa shook his head, busy having the tea.

"Then you tell Ruvee, what should we do?" They turned towards me. I didn't know what to speak. I wasn't glad about meeting a guy and talking alone with him in the garden. But it was important for us too.

"Papa I am fine with anything. And what is the harm of meeting another guy, I have already met a few," I said carelessly.
But looking at their faces, I wished I hadn't, because their faces were grim.

"I wasn't talking like that Amma," I tried to explain, but I knew there was nothing I could do.

"Its okay beta, amma can understand. I only wish that you get a very good husband like your papa. He never did anything that made me regret about our marriage. I wish that you too wouldn't after your marriage." She said holding papa's hands.

I could see papa comforting her. Theirs was a happy relationship. There were times when they used to fight, but it will only last for a few hours. Papa always made sure that every issues were solved before he went to sleep.

"So what is groom number 5's name? And what is his post?" Rithu sounded more excited than I was.

"Hmm I don't know, but we'll come to know soon. Let me call Rani and say our approval. Okay Ruvee?" Papa asked.

I nod my head not bothering with any words.

***************************************
As said, Rani aunty talked to the other family. And papa and uncle exchanged numbers after having a conversation through the fone. My photo was send by whatsapp and so was his. But I refused to see the guy's pic and also any details of him.

"But why not, Dee I saw his photo and he is looking very handsome. You should see it once." Rithu blabbered on, trying to make me see his photo. But I wouldn't budge.

"Nain Rithu, what is the point in some photo? He can be completely different than he look in that photo. And there is no guarantee that I'm going to marry him. So I will see him when he is here, and that's it." I said with finality.

Actually the truth was that I was still tired. I didn't care who the guy was and how he looked, I was going to say yes if he agreed to start my boutique after marriage.

All will depend on his answer then. I don't want to make papa and Amma more sad. Hopefully this will be my last "First meet" , IF he agree to let me start my boutique.

"Whatever, papa said that they might be coming here next week. So be ready." She said and went to sleep. Her room was right next to mine. But most of the days she used to sleep with me.

"Okay, goodnight," I said kissing her head as she retired to sleep. I looked at the clock and saw that the time was nearing 11. Dinner was done and so was kitchen work. So as nothing was left to do, I retired to sleep.

But I couldn't sleep as something lingered on my mind. How does the guy look?? Will he be my husband?? Should I go check his photo? Nah... I'll wait...

***************************************
"Maa,... I'm going bye, and I promise I'll be here before they reach. I really have to go." I said as I went to the kitchen.

"Ruvee, I still don't think that you should go. They will be here by 4 and I want you to be here." Mom again said for the nth time.

Actually the family Rani aunty said was coming to see me today. But I had already promised Shikha long time back not to miss the famous fashion designer Vireena Chopra, with whom appointments were rarely attained, and I knew better than to miss it.

"I promise I'll be here before lunch." I assured for n+1th time. And
rushed to get my scooty that papa bought me as a gift. And rushed to meet Shikha as I was already late.

The meeting went off really good and Vireena liked our designs. And also gave us few tips for our boutique, and some cash reward to start our boutique. All the more it was a happy day and as I promised mom, I was heading home for lunch.

I was still thinking about Vireena and the boutique, that I failed to see the white sedan closing on me fast.
Everything became a slow motion and I could see the sedan going away without hitting me. But the car that was on my side suddenly took a sharp left in order to avoid hitting the fast car. But instead the car hit me and I felt losing my control on my scooty.

All I heard before I blacked out was an earsplitting scream which I realized after a few seconds was my own scream!!

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
So friends, how was the chapter?? I can only know my mistakes if u comment. So please do comment and encourage me.
Lovingly,
Amaira.