0: Mila- Dazed

the case of the exhausting party

****

BEFORE READING: As of August 12, 2021 it has recently come to my attention that this work and many others have been copied on a mirror website, truyen4u. I ask that before you all proceed reading please report the website. Talk it about it on Twitter and TikTok or any other platform you can think of to get this site shut down. If this website continues to copy my work, I'll have no choice but to stop writing on Wattpad and delete all of my works. If you are reading this on Wattpad, thank you for your continued support. As a small writer, it's infuriating how these websites are profiting off of my work.

I WAS JUST plain bored.

The crowd of people and the smell of booze permeated the air and didn't quite set the atmosphere of this party being fun. The entire time I was forced to be here, I didn't even get up from my seat after a suspiciously warm bottle of beer was handed to me by an overly cheerful person — who I assume is the host of this party. People were either dancing, making out in basically every crevice of the house, or they were like me. Sitting in a corner alone, watching the other two things happen.

What am I even doing here? I thought to myself. I wasn't exactly the type to socialize. If I could, I would've chosen to stay at home since I naturally tended to stay away from crowds due to my quiet nature.

I was sitting there for a while until I finally decided I should get up. Rounding a sharp corner in the neon-lit rooms, a person suddenly crashed into me.

And because I was already buzzed, I had the crazy idea that when life hits you; it hits you so hard that it literally knocks you off your feet.

I knew the person I bumped into — Renzo was his name — but that's about all I knew from the overflowed rumors that filled the campus. From what many girls would say, he was an angel that had tattoos adorning his body who seems like he had a bad past. From hearing that, you can expect this guy to be a pompous ass who thinks he can get girls. But let's face it, it wasn't like Renzo didn't have the looks to go along with his supposed attitude.

"I am so sorry!" I stumbled. I clambered to get up but kept slipping. Can this get any more embarrassing?

"Principessa, it's alright." Renzo took my hand helping me off the floor. "It was just an accident. It was my fault, I didn't see you."

I was too shocked to speak, eyeing the huge stain on his shirt and a small tattoo on his wrist. "I should've watched where I was going. I'm very sorry. If you want, I'll pay for dry cleaning?"

"No, it's fine. If you hadn't bumped into me, I wouldn't have had the honor of meeting you. So what's your name, if you don't mind me asking?" Renzo had a carefree smile, blinding me at how dazzling it looked.

"Mila," I answered, my mind drifting to Danny, my fiancé. I wonder what he would say about this situation. Knowing him, he'd ditch me the minute we stepped inside and go outside to play beer pong with his friends. My mind quickly got rid of the image. He isn't here, Mila.

"My name is Renzo, it's a pleasure to meet you." He grinned, holding his hand out. I shook his hand, but before I knew it, Renzo tugged my body towards him. He leaned in and whispered, "You want to get out of here and get more acquainted?"

It baffled me how a guy can go from a gentleman to a complete man whore within a few seconds. So much for thinking he wasn't like what the rumors said about him.

"What? I apologize if I gave you the impression I wanted to sleep with you." I frowned, untangling my fingers from his.

"You sure about that, Mila?" The way he said my name made me feel... something I couldn't put my finger on. I couldn't describe it even if I wanted to. Yet, in response to his rhetorical question, I nodded my head like an idiot.

"We'll see, Principessa. I'm sure I can convince you otherwise." He stepped closer to me, placing his hand on my cheek, and leaned in. Like a magnet, I was drawn to him without any reason and also started to get closer. That was until I felt him completely pull away with a satisfactory look on his face. "When you're convinced, come find me."

He walked away with a triumphant expression, which only seemed to anger me more. I was annoyed at myself for getting swept away by something like that.

I shouldn't have let my best friend, Ellie, bait me into coming. She knew of my tiny crush on Renzo and according to her, "This was a perfect opportunity to talk to him." If only she knew it would end up complicating my feelings more since I was already engaged — well, only on paper.

I groaned, finishing the rest of my barely there beer. I walked away from that puddle, feigning innocence and snickering to myself for the poor soul that might slip on it. Not that I detested parties, it was only Justin Long's party that I hated. I should've stayed home, I repeated to myself, and this train wreck of an encounter I had with Renzo wouldn't have happened.

After standing there thinking with a beer in my hand, I went to go find the person who dragged me here in the first place.

"Hey, Millie!" Ellie slurred. "Did you talk to Renzo?"

"No," I lied, not having the energy to talk about what happened.

"I haven't seen any hot guys either," she pouted. I chuckled at my friend, shaking my head.

"C'mon Ellie, we should go back to our rooms," I said. Ellie looked at me and nodded. That was probably the first time she ever agreed with me when she was drunk. Normally, she would stand her ground and I wouldn't have any choice but to comply with her demands.

As we walked outside, I saw Renzo staring at me with a smile that showed promises of trouble. He was surrounded by his friends smoking. They were sitting on bikes and laughing at something Renzo said. As he was saying something to them, he kept his eyes on me the entire time.

Ellie saw who I kept glancing at and by the time I turned my head to see if she was fine, Ellie had a creepy smile that indicated unnecessary questions.

"So I'm guessing it went well with you and Atienza?" Ellie bumped her shoulder with mine. So that's what his last name is.

I tried to keep my head down, but Ellie wouldn't let me live it down as she drunkenly kept pointing in Renzo's direction.

"Ellie, what the hell? Let's not talk about what happened now. Sufficed to say, he's not the person I thought he was." I scowled. I don't know what made me feel the need to hide how I felt to my best friend, but I know if I told her about my dilemma about Danny, she'd tell me to leave him and live my life without my mom's interference. Except, there wasn't a way I could do that if I wanted to take over her company. It was all planned from the start and who was I to go against it?

"Oh well," She said pushing her hair over her shoulder. "I'll totally bang him or his friends if you don't."

I looked at Ellie as if she'd grown two heads. I knew she was joking, but it definitely caught me off guard.

"Jesus Christ you're really smashed. Let's go, we have a class tomorrow. "

I tugged Ellie's arm and we went back to the dorms. Hoping that Renzo would forget about me and I'd be able to get over this stupid crush.

However, as one would least expect, little did I know that Renzo Atienza would change my life forever.

****

author's note: here is the first chapter of Off Campus, I hope you all enjoy reading this story! love, sage.