8. Capture the Flag

Several hours passed in which they swiftly erected the Chaos Cabin and attended dinner before Chiron had announced a celebratory match of Capture the Flag. Percy had been pleasantly surprised to find that the Hunters of Artemis were already in residence, leading to the announcement that it would be Campers v Guests - Chaos' Army and the Hunters paired together.

"If we lose, I am holding you responsible." Thalia had marched over and informed him when Chiron had signalled for them to continue with their dessert and chatter.

"Lovely to meet you too, Miss Grace." Percy couldn't help but laugh. "We've got an hour before we get given the perfect excuse to push Burns in the creek, I'm guessing you'd like to make a plan of action?"

Thalia's glare broke into a grin before she glanced over to the Artemis Table where her Huntresses were staring over keenly. She nodded, obviously a signal for the all rose, moving to crowd around the hastily claimed 'Chaos Table'.

"We have a War Room in our Cabin," Percy informed her. "Would you rather take this there?"

"Why don't we have a War Room?" One of the Huntresses asked Thalia indignantly.

"You're making me look bad in front of my girls." Thalia huffed at him before scanning his table. "Have anyone that I can poach?"

Percy glanced around and then realised that Bianca was still off with Nico, knowing that Thalia would be gobsmacked and demanding explanation if she was present. "Just wait until Angelus comes back." He grinned.

"Angelus?" Thalia arched a brow.

"One of us," Percy responded. "She's currently with her brother, they haven't seen each other for a few years now."

"So there are people who know who you are underneath those masks?" Thalia hummed. "Interesting."

"Would the gods trust us if they did not know who they were letting into this camp?" Percy countered. "Only a few of them know, not all, before you ask Lady Artemis to identify us."

"That aside, I think we should move this elsewhere." Thalia sniffed. "Burns is looking at me and I'll put an arrow through his eye if he continues it for much longer."

"That just gives me an incentive to stay here." Percy laughed before standing, the rest of the group standing with him. "But I suppose we should move along. I don't like the look of his face."

"The look on his face." Luke corrected with a low chuckle.

"I meant what I said." Percy shrugged. "This way!"

Thalia let out an appreciative hum when the Hunters piled into the War Room after them, looking around intently. Percy felt a mild sense of relief that they hadn't started to put up the information boards yet. He knew that he could trust Thalia with his life, but he didn't know several faces amongst the Hunters and caution was best at that time.

Thalia. Seeing her had brought him an unexpected relief, even if her first words to him had been a threat. He knew that she was safe, that was what mattered. He'd felt particularly guilty leaving at a time when the Hunters weren't visiting Camp, knowing that Thalia wouldn't know that he was missing until such a visit occurred unless Nico had managed to track them down - a nigh on impossible task. She rarely answered Iris calls, if Iris even managed to connect them. He'd left knowing that it could be months until she knew he was gone, and that she'd blame herself for not being around to follow his trail.

He resolved to talk to her when he spoke to Nico.

"This is a brilliant place." Thalia complimented before confusion covered her face. "But your Cabin doesn't look this big from the outside?"