Chapter 4

"Casey! Get up!! It's your first day at your new school." Ugh. No. "Fine. I'll turn on the light." Mom said evilly. She turned on the light and I put the covers over my head.

Now, back to sleep. The covers were ripped off of me. Calm down Satan.

I glared at her and she skipped down the stairs.

I forced myself up and walked to my closet. I threw on an "I believe in Sherlock Holmes" tank top, black shorts, and black converse.

I ran a brush through my brown hair and put on a little bit of mascara. Any more and I would feel like a cake. I'd rather just eat a cake.

Or pie.

Pie sounds good.

"CASEY! There are people outside for you." Grant yelled. I furrowed my eyebrows.

People?

Lightbulb.

I ran down the stairs and saw Haley and Saylor in deep conversation.

"-and if we invited Ward back..."

"Then we could infiltrate hydra!"

I walked over with my white board.

What about Loki? We could invite him, I wrote.

Haley's widened and she face palmed.

"Why did we think of that??" Saylor yelled. My mom looked between all three of us and Grant just rolled his eyes.

Saylor and Haley drug me out of the house and I waved goodbye and grabbed a banana.

The whole drive to the high school, which happened to be the only school that isn't 5 minutes away from everywhere, they talked about further plans.

I just laughed silently the whole time.

Then the school came in sight. My stomach dropped. The last time I was in front of a bunch a people, my friends ditched me.

I took a few shaky breaths. Haley pulled me out of the car forcibly and walked in the building.

Immediately, people looked at me. I went up to the front office slowly.

The receptionist glanced at me before looking down, bored.

"Name?" I fished the white board out of my backpack.

I wrote down my name and she pulled out my file to give me my schedule. She looked at me with pity and I shifted my eyes to my feet.

I looked at my schedule.

1. AP Pre Statistics
2. AP ELAR
3. AP Physics
4. AP American History
5. Sign Language
6. Photography
7. Librarian Assistant
8. Marching Band

Well, I suppose I should head to class.

I turned around and hit a wall. I fell on the ground and hit my head. I groaned silently and rubbed the back of my head.

The wall groaned too. Do walls even groan?

I looked at the boy in front of me. He looked back at me and got up. Then he started walking again, not even glancing back.

Rude much?

I picked myself up and walked to my first class.

I opened the door and walked in. The teacher looked up and her eyes smiled.

"Class, this is Casey. She is new and I expect that she should be treated with respect."

"Miss Rachel, she is mute, broken. Why should we even look at her." I blonde Barbie, yes Barbie, yelled lazily.

Miss Rachel turned furious and raised her voice.

"Just because you're mute, it does not make you any less than anyone else." She said angrily.

Her eyes softened and she looked down at me.

"My baby brother is mute. Don't worry. I've got you." She whispered softly. I nodded and gave her a small smile.

I looked around the room and saw Haley in the back of the room. Relief flooded through me and I rushed back there.

The next couple of classes, both Saylor and Haley were in.

Now the place where you are defined. Lunch.

It sounds ridiculous, but it's true.

I scanned the room and found Chase, Jake, Haley, and Saylor. They were talking about the new movie, Ant Man.

"It is leading up to Civil War." Chase was explaining. Jake nodded with his mouth full of everyone's fries but his own.

Haley and Saylor were trying to protect their food and talk at the same time but they were failing.

I laughed silently and brought out my white board.

Bucky, Steve, and Sam will be in the end credits scene. I've been waiting for so long to see Bucky again, I wrote.

"Sam?" Jake said with his mouth full. I hit him in the back of the head with my board.

"Falcon, you idiot!" Saylor laughed at him. We all cracked up in uncontrollable laughter.

I smiled slightly as I watched them continue their conversation.

These are real friends.

I sighed softly and the boy from earlier popped in my mind. Who WAS he?

Who is the kid that is basically a wall, has black hair, green-hazel eyes, and has a hard look? I ran into him this morning, I wrote.

The conversation stopped.

Jake finally looked up.

"That's Derek. Stay away from him if you don't want to get hurt." Jake warned. Then, in an instant, the tension dissipated and everyone was talking cheerfully again.

What kind of guy makes a group of cheerful people, go silent?
••
I posted twice in one day again!! You can thank Lokitty. When he doesn't want to be woken up, you don't wake him up.

He kind of left me with nothing to do but watch Doctor Who and write.

Soooo yeah.

David Henrie plays Derek.

ANY QUESTIONS?!

THATS ALL!!

TTYL