Off Grid

--Shadow's pov--

"What did you find out?" Everyone kept pressing me for answers but something like this, I felt I should keep it to myself for now. The whole reason for doing something like this was because he wanted no one to know of such things. He wanted to be known for his power, not his defeat. I know it sounds crazy but he's been misunderstood all this time. No one will believe me when I share my opinion that he shouldn't be resealed, but they don't know the pain. Of course no one can let him off easy with all the lives he's taken away, and things he's destroyed. But if some how everyone were to understand him, they would know how to approach the situation... But they don't. Only I do. It'll have to be me...

"Shadow..." Amy sat next to me with her head bowed, "I want to tell you something now before anything else happens and I'll be stuck with this guilt forever."
"Is it about the suit case and picture?"
"Y-yes. I thought that--"
"I know. You wanted to leave, you've every right to want to and I don't blame you for feeling that way."
She began to cry, "I'm so glad I'm still here with you. I don't want to leave Shadow. It may be easy to turn your back and walk away when things get rough, but just because it's the easy way out doesn't make it right. Remember back in that island when you saved me? The mental torture in that place was unbearable to even the island dwellers themselves. You could have easily turned away to save yourself the pain. But you didn't you stayed and found me. So now the world is in ruin and there's a psychotic demon hedgehog on the loose taking you away from what I planned to be a perfect life.... I'm not going to turn away from you either."

What she said should have been enough to bring tears to even my eyes, but there was something that just pissed me off about it. Maybe it was the way she thought of Mephiles now that I know his true pain. Or maybe it didn't exactly feel like she was staying with me out of love, but just so she could repay a favor for not leaving her on the island, maybe I'm still unstable from coming to after being trapped in my own mind.
"Shadow?"
"Yeah..?" I looked up from my thoughts, had she expected an answer from me?
"Are you alright?"
She did... "Yeah. I'm fine. Thank you Amy." I hope that sounded sincere enough, I just had too much to think about now.
"Are you sure??"
Damn it go away already... "Yeah I'm sure." Keep calm, "I just, need a while. The mind is a powerful thing, especially when it was played against it's self. I have no cuts or broken bones, but I felt it. Because that's what he pushed in my mind. I'm just tired from all the pain."
"Oh of course." She got up and switched the lights off, "You need to rest. I'll come back later okay? I love you."
I nodded watching her leave and was back in thought, how am I supposed to stop all of this?? What does he need to calm his rage and let go of the past? Could it be the same way I've gotten over mine? It was worth a shot. Now all I had to do was find him... But now that I reversed his play, used his own technique against him, he'll be avoiding me.
...I know what to do...

--Sonic pov--

"So how's it goin Amy?" I hoisted myself up on the desk.
"Sonic get your butt off my work space." Tails grumbled pushing on my back. I slid off now trying to find a chair, although I don't really know why. My nerves were shot, I couldn't sit still even if I found a comfortable chair.

"He's fine." She answered softly, "But I think he's still shaken. Emotionally unstable. He'd be pissed if he heard me say that." She wiped her eyes, "I'm still so scared, you can't trust Mephiles to 'possess' someone and then leave them completely normal. What if he did something, tricked him into I don't know, becoming a mindless minion!!"
"Amy! Amy! Calm down!" I jumped in front of her grabbing her face and smushed her cheeks together, "You're way over thinking things! You know Shadow must have put up a really big fight just to get back to us, to you! He might still be a little dazed but I'm sure the guy is fine. They don't call him 'ultimate life form' for no reason."
She pulled out of my hands rubbing her face, "Yeah... I guess you're right."