I Was Here (Merome)

AwkwardPanda250 requested a Merome and Vikklan, so here's your Merome. Btw, I hope you're proud. Black Parade started playing, why did you show me this awesome song that I can't understand all the words to? Also, Study Buddy is my most popular post with 30 votes. How?!?! That one sucked!

Jerome flopped on Mitch's bed and stared at the ceiling. "Have you ever thought of the future Biggums?" Mitch asked his 8-year-old best friend. "All the time. Wanna hear my plan?" (MANGLED ACOUSTIC BY NATEWANTSTOBATTLE IS ADORABLE AND IT JUST CAME ON! YASS! I'm better now). Mitch looked at his friend who had rolled over so he hovered slightly over Mitch.
"Sure."

You will notice me. I'll be leaving my mark like initials carved in an old oak tree. You wait and see. Maybe I'll write like Twain wrote, Maybe I'll paint like Van Gogh, Cure the common cold. I don't know but I'm ready start cause I know in my heart.

"Well, first things first, I want to be noticed. I want people to notice me for something other than my nose, like what made you be friends with me. I want to carve my initials into our tree, so people know who I am and where I was. I want to prove to everyone that I can do things." Jerome answered, now ten years of age. "I could write like Twain, I could paint like Van Gogh, who knows. Perhaps I can even cure the cold so I won't get sick from being outside!" Jerome cheered.
"That would be awesome!" They sat in silence for a minute before Mitch asked "who is Twain and Van Gogh?"
"I don't really know. All I know is that they're really famous." And somewhere in his little heart he knew he would become famous.

I wanna do something that matters. Say something different, Something that sets the whole world on its ear. I wanna do something better With the time I've been given. And I wanna try, To touch a few hearts in this life. Leave nothing less Than something that says "I was here".

"I want to be special. I want everyone to know what I've done. I want to do something original. I want to invent new words, like Biggums." Jerome answered with a smile. His twelve-year-old friend smiled at their nickname. He was lying on his stomach, propped up on his elbows.
"What else?" Mitch asked curiously.
"I want to do something worth it with the time I was blessed with. I want to touch people's hearts in a way that they'll remember." Mitch chuckled.
"You already have Jerome."

I will prove you wrong. If you think I'm all talk, you're in for a shock, Cause this dream's too strong And before too long.

"You don't count Mitch." Jerome cooed to his friend. He was flopped on Mitch's bed, now fourteen, and Mitch span on his desk chair.
"I thought you loved me!" Mitch gasped and sobbed in his hands. Jerome rolled his eyes and sent Mitch a glare.
"I will smack you. No hormones today Mitch. I really want to reach out to as many people as possible."

Maybe I'll compose symphonies, Maybe I'll fight for world peace. Cause I know it's my destiny To leave more than a trace of myself in this place.

"What are you planning? Symphonies like Mozart? Become a hippie and fight for world peace?"
"Woah Mitch. I'm only 16. I can't conquer the world for you yet." Jerome responded.
"But Biggums!" Mitch cooed as he sat on Jerome's stomach.
"I will soon enough my Princess." Mitch lit up pink and growled.
"I will kill you Jerome. Don't think anything is stopping me."
"Except the fact that I have to dominate the world for you while I keep you locked up in a tower." Mitch smacked Jerome and the two began to wrestle.

I wanna do something that matters. Say something different,
Something that sets the whole world on its ear. I wanna do something better With the time I've been given. And I wanna try, To touch a few hearts in this life. Leave nothing less Than something that says "I was here".

"What else are you going to do now?" Mitch asked. They were freshly graduated, now adults.
"Truthfully? I just want to spend my days up here with you, planning away our future." Jerome responded.
"Mama Hughes may love you, but not that much. I understand you hold a special place in her heart, but she's looking forward to only dealing with Conner. Mama Hughes needs a break from our awesomeness sometimes." Mitch said as he kicked off his shoes. "You staying the night?"

And I know that I will do more than just pass through this life. I'll leave nothing less than something that says "I was here".

"Mitch, could I say no to you?" Jerome asked as he curled up next to Mitch. They were 20 now, sharing a small Jersey apartment and recording YouTube videos. Mitch curled into Jerome and sighed.
"Could you imagine the looks on our faces as kids if we knew we'd be playing video games as a job?"
"I feel as if you'd die. And I'd flip out, not as bad as you would." Jerome said. Mitch pouted. "I'm sorry Princess. Did that bother you?" Mitch smacked the boy and went off to go edit. "Oh come on! Cuddle Buddy!"

"I was here", I was here. "I was here", wanna do something that matters. Something that says I was here. "Wanna do something that matters", Something that says I was here. "I was here".

"I was here. I never left. So you can't leave. B-Biggums." Mitch cooed to his best friend. 22 and in the ICU, dying.
"B-Biggums. I made my mark. My subscribers are affected, you guys are affected. I just never got to carve my initials into that tree." Jerome said.
"You're dying and that's what you care about?" Mitch asked with a slightly chuckle.
"Biggums. I did everything else I could. I wanna carve my initials into that tree." Jerome said as he tried to sit up.
"No no no. How- how about this. I'll go do that quickly, and I'll bring you back a picture on my phone to prove it to you. Just stay awake while I'm gone. I love you." Mitch begged, tears threatening to spill. Jerome kissed the other's right hand before parting it.
"Carve our initials in a heart. Will you Biggums?" Mitch nodded and kissed Jerome's cheek before heading off. The doctor walked in.
"Are you sure you want to while he's-"
"He won't let you otherwise. Just tell him I wanted it, so he doesn't hate you." The doctor nodded and turned off the machines slowly.
Mitch arrived back 10 minutes later and automatically realized what had happened. "What did you let Jerome do?!" Mitch asked as he looked at his best friend, possibly more.
"I'm sorry sir. It was his wishes that we did it while you were gone. He's better now."
"You let him die. He's gone." Mitch collapsed and a single phrase echoed through his head. I WAS HERE.

That's all for now. I'm cruel aren't I? I love you all anyways! Also, MadiRosieFF wanted me to tell all her Rosebuds she loves them. She got stuck with a judgmental roommate for her trip XD. Good luck Rosie!
Expect your Vikklan soon, Vic. Until then, Peace my cheeses!