Chapter Ten: Closer

Jasper drove me back to my apartment while the rest of his pack continued their party. He smiled over at me, goofily happy that I had agreed to stay with him. As soon as we pulled up to my apartment, he rushed to open my door and ran ahead of me up the stairs. I shook my head with a laugh at his antics and went inside to grab my clothes, laptop and books.

When I was done, Jasper gladly grabbed the things I was carrying and took them down to the car while I attempted to lockup. I would call the front office again in the morning to let them know that I needed my door fixed. Once I was down in the car, Jasper took off faster than he had on the drive up. In just a short time, he was pulling into a garage and taking all my stuff out. He had my large duffle bag slung over his body and my backpack on his back, though I knew it was very heavy. He didn't complain about my things on our way up the stairs, he just smiled broadly and held my hand on the way.

When we got up to what was going to be my room, he set my stuff on my bed and left me to get settled. I hadn't expected him to leave that soon but I guess knowing that I was under his roof was enough for him at the moment. I sighed and unpacked my clothes into some drawers in the closet. I set up some of my books and grabbed my homework to start working on. I climbed in the large bed, surprised by how soft it is, curling up near the headboard and scattering my books around me to get to work.

For a few moments, I paused to take a shower and get into some comfortable sweats and a t-shirt then I was back to work. I had my senior seminar coming up and it was required for graduation. I must have drifted to sleep while working because, the next thing I knew, Jasper was knocking at my door and calling for me. I muttered a response for him to come in and he crept in softly.

"Wake up, Lena. Breakfast is ready downstairs and everybody is gathering." He whispered, brushing my hair away from my face. I groaned and pulled him down into the bed and curled up against him. He chuckled, holding me tight and kissing my hair. I was so sleepy I didn't even fully register what I had just done until he finally coaxed me awake. "You can wear that down to eat." He smiled, coaxing me towards the door and down the stairs. Halfway down, I finally woke up pretty well and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"Jasper, I probably look like a mess." I murmured, trying to pull my hand away. He stopped and turned to me, cradling my face.

"You look beautiful to me, always. I just need to introduce you to the pack as our guest and you need to eat." He looked me in the eyes. "I was wondering," he murmured, looking down. "can I also introduce you as my mate?" He asked, hesitantly then rushed on. "You know, because it'll be easier to explain and all and it would..., it would make me feel better."

I just stood there for a moment, thinking about his words. For him to tell them we're mates wouldn't be such a bad thing, I mean, it's true. I guess it would save both of us heartache if people knew and telling them my fake identity wasn't going to work either. It was the best thing to do, just admitting he was mine...., my mate.

"Sure." I murmured just as he said, "Never mind."

"Wait, what did you say?" He asked, stunned.

"I said, 'sure'. Why not?" I grinned. He smiled broadly and led me into the dining room where most of the two packs were seated, including Cory.

"Attention everybody!" He called from the head of the table. "This is Lena Jordan and she will be our guest for a while. She's a former pack member so she deserves to be respected as such." He said, reaching back to take my hand. Cory smiled broadly at me when I stepped forward. "She's also my mate and I will not have her disrespected." He finished and Cory's face dropped. Around the table, some of the girls, including Bethany, glared at me. "You can sit right here." He whispered in my ear, motioning for the girl seated between my brother and him to move. She sucked her teeth and jerked her stuff up, glaring at me as she moved down the table. I sat in her place, ignoring the stares. He pulled my chair closer to his and I smack his hand.