Cause for Action

Pietro woke up next to Nadia, who was still sleeping peacefully. They had been too exhausted to even care the prior night, but he didn't mind.

He stared at Nadia who was breathing in and out evenly, debating wether or not to wake her up. She looked cute as she slept, Pietro thought, but pushed it out of his head. Thoughts like that could be acted upon once he found his sister.

The corners of her lips were slightly raised, making a peaceful smile lighten her face.

Pietro sighed, knowing they would have to get up at some point and that it was better to wake early.

"Nadia," he said quietly while shaking her shoulder.

"Hmm?" She grumbled, not yet coherent.

"Wake up, we have a long day ahead of us," he told her.

She sighed and rolled over, then realized their situation. "What time is it?"

Pietro looked around the plain room and couldn't find a clock. Although Nadia couldn't see, he shrugged. "Sometime around seven o'clock I'm guessing."

"Oh thank god," she said in relief.

"For what?"

Nadia blushed. "It certainly wouldn't look right for me to come out of your room in the morning; nobody will be around to see us at this time."

Pietro laughed, "Probably not," he agreed, while watching her leave the room.

-

Nadia loved to cook, just not early in the morning. Cooking often took her mind off hard times in life, instead she could relax with her mind set to a single purpose. She hadn't been in her parents house in years and didn't know where everything was, but that wouldn't stop her from cooking some golden pancakes.

She poured some batter on a pan and pondered about how peacefully she had woken up at first, though she was glad Pietro didn't let her sleep in.

Nadia sighed. The birds were chirping outside, oblivious to the harsh weather, the sun was streaming through the sheer curtains and the batter from the pancakes was sizzling. It was almost as if it were a normal morning. Almost.

The previous day had been chaotic, and brought more worry for the three of them. For a moment she wondered what she'd be doing if she hadn't run into Pietro on the street, but quickly banished the thought from her mind. She liked him too much to wish she had never met him, plus she was helping the world by doing this. Not everyone got that chance.

"Morning," her mother greeted, pulling Nadia from her musing.

"Morning mom, I hope you don't mind me messing up the kitchen."

Her mom laughed. "If you weren't right now, then your dad would be and he wouldn't even bother to clean it."

Nadia smiled, that was very true.

"I know you told me all about your situation, but do you all have a plan to get yourself out of the mess?" Her mom asked, clearing the light mood.

"Roman said he may have a few ideas, but we're unsure at the moment. We'll have to think about it a lot today, as we only have six days left," Nadia explained while flipping a pancake.

"That poor man, being caught up in all of this. I hope you all make this okay, but please don't put yourself in immediate danger for him, Nadia."