Trust?

--Mephiles' pov--

"Mephiles!" I know that voice... Shadow found me, clever.
"What do you want hedgehog!?" I can't let him get to me like that again, it's impossible, no one can get to me!
"What happened to the flames and Chaos?"
"Non existent anymore, but if you want to know their exact location I could take you there!" I ripped open a time portal a black hole never letting anything escape.
"No! Wait!" He yelped holding up his hands quickly. I closed the portal and immediately began to question why? No if I'm going to destroy this planet and make it under my rule I need to kill with out hesitation! Hesitation gets you imprisoned.
"Please, I came alone. No secret mics, no weapons, no back up. It's just me." he's stepping closer. What does he think he's doing?? Fine I'll hear what his plan is but I won't let my guard down.
"I came here to finish our talk. I didn't bring anyone because I know you don't want anyone to know about it. You haven't let anyone try to understand you, all but me. And I get it. I know what it's like to have the ones you thought were close turn against you. I want you to tell me everything, but most of all I don't want you to be alone anymore."
What!? ...Why!? Why does he insist on knowing!? It won't change anything! ..If it won't change anything then what is the harm in telling him, then again what would be the point then? Damn... he's doing it again.

"Mep please, I want to help you."
"Help me...?" what does this mean... 'Mep'? Did he just... give me a nickname? Thats obscured a ritual only close friends practice with each other I'm the enemy! ...I always was... Just because I am me.
"Yes, I want to help you. I'm asking you to this time join me. Not as a GUN agent, but just as me.  Join me on my side. I can help you! I can't promise the rule of he planet, but I can promise you'll be just as happy some day as if you did have the whole planet. And it's not going to be easy, but I know you like a challenge. Don't you? Didn't you spend hours wishing there was someone, somewhere who knew of your pain? Isn't that the reason you were always seeking me?"
In a way, he's right.... okay so he's all the way right. I had wanted a hand in ruling, someone who knew exactly my reasons for my actions maybe someone to be... a real brother. But even if he knows the reason, he doesn't agree with my actions. But then again... that really isn't so bad, is it?
"You want to know what happened... fine then...but I can't tell you, I'll have to show you." I flashed the memory of my own in his mind as if it was his. The technique causes a slight head ache afterwards but it was much faster than words can explain, and the viewer will feel everything.
"Understand everything now...?"  I don't understand one thing. How is it that only one person in all of the universe actually understands it all, still goes against me but somehow, it doesn't anger me anymore?? Now that he knows, I actually feel less rage no matter his way of handling things.
"I do. But you still realize that this isn't a kingdom to be ruled under your power by forcefully taking it. These people have nothing to do with what happened to you, and if you were still going to be stubborn and insist on rampaging, then it isn't here that you should take it out on."
"....I do realize that. This was just a warm up for me."  Only now it seems my fire has burned out.

Suddenly the earth shook, Shadow and I both out fighting stances, only his back pressed against mine, covering my blind side. Standing with me, and has my back...
In a blinding burst of light five Zulfarian warriors stood in battle formation as the light dissipated. I knew they'd show up sooner or later.

"Stand down Mephiles! By order of the king he's demanded your presents back at Zulfare!" The lion called.

"Are you going with them?"Shadow asked looking back at me. What did I see in his eyes... like he didn't want me to leave. A look I have no idea how to handle, it made me feel weird. Maybe I should just look away. Yeah that's better.
"No I'm not going with them."

"I'm not asking you, this was an order. To bring you back with or with out your consent."
"I have no need to return, I never had a place there and he's got his throne already. It was never mine to begin with, I knew that from the start."

"Well we still have to bring you--"
"I'm not leaving Mobius! I have a better chance of belonging here than I do back there! Tell your king that he did one thing right form me, and he banished me to my new home. Hasn't he broken me enough...?" I'm not crying right now. No way. I can't, I've cried ages ago my last tears my body could produce.

"I'm Shadow of GUN, a military force of Mobius. We appreciate you're hasty arivel to the situation but we have everything under control. As right now Mephiles is in my custody and property of GUN. If you're going to take him, you'll have to go through GUN first." Shadow spoke up at my side and snapped a cuff around my wrist and on to his own. What the hell is this!?
"I thought you said you came unarmed!"
"I did, handcuffs aren't a weapon silly." He looked back at me quickly and smiled, "Just go along with it. I'm helping you, remember?"

"GUN? So all we must do is talk to this GUN and thy will hand him over?" The lion's brow rose.
"That's right. But let me let me give you a tip, they don't like giving up what is there's too easily, and holds a deep grudge for any attack made on them. I hope you play your cards right, good luck because you're going to need it." Shadow smirked, "I'll even lead you to our base."

"Shadow, of GUN. Be aware that is a dangerous demon you are protecting! We only wish to help the people of Mobius." The lion tried again.
"I know. And so do I. Now follow me if you want him." Shadow tugged on the cuff signaling for me to follow. I was trying to get a look at that fifth member of the squad, they kept themselves in a dark silhouette but had the figure of a woman.

I had no idea what I was doing now, I wasn't on my own anymore I was actually paired with Shadow. We're working together! Maybe not in my original way I planned, but together none the less.
"Shadow," I spoke through his mind, "What's going to happen to me now? Are you going to let them lock me away again? Are you going to hand me over to them?"
"No" He was quick to pick up on the telepathy, not answering verbally and not freaking out when a voice was in his head, "You're in a bad spot right now I'll admit. You killed a lot of people and now a lot of people are pissed off at you. My son to name a few, you killed Blaze right in front of him. The princess of Soleana and her unborn child and husband. I can't say you'll be free after I've turned you in, but at most there will be a holding cell where we can keep you. Make no mistake, we know a room isn't enough to contain you. But we also don't want to trap you in a stick again. I don't anyway. From now on anything that happens weather it be being prisoned or anything else, I need you to believe me that it's for your best interest, and we are going to do everything we can to make things better between you and the world now."

I'm so used to distrusting everyone, so I have no trust at all in what he's saying to me, which makes me feel empty, there are so many things I've lost from myself. Then I will force myself to do so, because it's either trust him or be taken back to face my 'brother'. Or in one last attempt to destroy everything right here and right now!! But... I don't want to do that, not anymore. My reasons have changed. So trust, I will have to force myself to have it once again.