Part four

I couldn't sleep all night. I was tossing in my bed throughout the night. What will happen? I was in a bubble for four years and now this bubble will burst. I've been away from everything and everyone. Now my life is about to change. I really don't know whether it will be for better or worse.
I finally slept around five in the morning.
'Nandiniii' I heard someone shouting my name in my ears. I got up with a jerk. I was just too angry with the person. When I opened my eyes I saw Cabir standing right by my bed.
I said angrily,"what the fuck Cabir. Is that how you wake others up?"
Cabir made a face and said,"Nandini its twelve in the noon. You never sleep till this late."
Wait. It was twelve. I'm late for the institute. I got out of my bed and ran to the washroom to get ready. After a while I came back and saw Cabir, Nancy and Rishabh sitting on the bed with a big box of pizza, beers and bowl of popcorn.
I was confused and gave them a 'what's all this' look.
Nancy said cheerfully,"oh nothing Nandini. We're watching movie right now."
I said,"I can't stay. Sorry. I have to go to the institute."
Rishabh stood up and said,"no sister. You're not. I called off your schedule for today."
Oh wait when did this happen. They didn't even ask me once.
I said,"and when were you all thinking of telling me about my own schedule?"
Cabir made a face and said,"well we wanted to tell you. But you just wouldn't get up. And I didn't know that you can't even call off a day for your friend."
He made a sad face. Well I very well knew that he was just making all these faces so that I sympathise with him.
I didn't want to be rude and said,"fine."
We sat on my bed and saw two comedy movies back to back. It was around seven in the evening when we all got tired of watching movies and moved downstairs.
Cabir then said,"guys I'm taking you all out tonight for dinner. Go get ready."
Though Rishabh resisted but Cabir wouldn't budge from this.
I said,"okay. Fine. Lets go."
We all went to a good Mexican restaurant. We were all having our dinner peacefully when I decided to drop the bomb.
I said,"guys I have to tell you something."
Cabir replied,"we already know it Nandini."
Wait how did Cabir know? And what did he know? I asked hesitantly,"what do you know Cabir?"
Cabir smiled and said,"that you've decided not to give auditions. See Nandini its your call. We won't push you to participate in it. Though we all want you to participate and give it a shot but we don't want you to do all this under some sort of pressure."
I'm so lucky to have them. They know the best for me but they still don't want me to feel bad. I said,"no Cabir. Actually its the other way round. I'll participate. A guy can't keep me back from fulfilling my parent's dream."
Rishabh smiled and said,"this is what I've been telling you all this while Nandini. Don't let others affect your life."
I nodded. Nancy said,"nandini I'll get a beautiful dress for you."
I smiled at her. We finished our food and proceeded back towards our home.
On the way back Cabir told us that tomorrow he will be out to look after the work and for script reading. In short Manik was coming to London tomorrow. He didn't want to say this directly so he said all this.
I smiled and said,"cabir I know Manik will be coming tomorrow and you both have to shoot your videos for London auditions."
Cabir looked at me. I smiled at him. I didn't want him to worry about me.
Next morning I did some Riyas and made breakfast for everyone. All of them had breakfast and I went to the institute.
At night we all returned and had food which rishabh got from his favourite restaurant. I went to my room and lied down. Well tomorrow was the D-day. I was going to face Manik again after four long years. I heard someone knock on my door. I said,"yeah. Come in."
I sat up and saw Cabir. Cabir came and sat beside me on the bed.
He was well aware what all has been going on in my mind. He said,"nandini I know what all you're going through right now but there's something about Manik that you should know."
Know about Manik. To be frank I don't even want to hear his name. Forget talking about him.
I said,"Cabir I don't want to know anything about him. I don't care what he has been doing all this while. I'm least bothered. To be frank I want to stay away from him."
Tears were forming up in my eyes. Cabir looked at me for good two minutes. He must have noticed my tears. He hugged me and said."as you wish Nandini."
He got up and wished me good night. Talking to Cabir has always helped me. After that I slept. Next morning I got up and went downstairs to do my Riyas. When I went down I saw all of them standing there just like a welcome committee. Do they really think I'm that weak and won't be able to get through. Till yesterday I wanted to do this for my Amms, Amma and Appa but now I want to do this for myself. I can't just sit here and do nothing with my life.
I took a deep breath. I smirked and said,"what's with the welcome committee? I'm fine guys stop acting as if I'm a kid."
All of them nodded.
Cabir said,"nandini get ready. You have to reach there by nine. I'll drop you."
If he drops me then there are chances of others seeing me with one of the members of Fab5. I don't want others to think that they are biased or anything. I said,"that's not needed Cabir. Rishabh and I'll go. Nancy you be with Cabir. Okay?"
All of them smiled. Nancy came forward gave me a packet and said,"nandini. Wear this. Go get ready."
I went to get ready. Nancy has got me denim shorts, white ganji and black-white long stripped thin cotton jacket. Nancy always know how to keep it simple yet stylish. I smirked and thought there was a time when I used to hesitate before wearing short clothes but time changes everything. Now I don't feel hesitant like before. I wore the clothes and went downstairs. Cabir looked at me and said,"london suits you Nandu. I mean you've got more confident when it comes to clothes."
I smiled at him and said,"you always say this same thing whenever you visit me."
Cabir replies,"well because you never fail to impress me."
I grinned and hugged him. He said,"all the best Nandini. You already have my vote."
I nodded. Nancy said,"nandini I'll meet you directly at the auditions."
I nodded and then Rishabh and I left for the venue.
I reached there and saw a really really big line. I wasn't expecting such a huge turn up. I stood in the line to fill up the form. A couple of Seconds later I saw swati running up to me. She said,"why are you standing in this line. I've already filled your form. I told you to call me. Come here."
Swati is really talkative, she doesn't let me even reply. She took me and rishabh to private waiting room.
When we reached there she said,"why didn't you tell me that day that you're Cabir's friend?"
I was shocked. Did she see me with Cabir? I asked,"how do you know that I'm friends with Cabir?"
She said,"he called me in the morning and told me to take good care of you. He gave me your details so that I can fill up your form and you don't have to stand in the long queue."
I smiled. Swati continued,"when do you want to perform? In the start or in the last?"
Wow I even get to select. I said,"how about just before the half time?"
Swati agreed. She then switched on the TV and said,"you can see everything here on the TV. All the live action. You can call 002 on the extension line if you need any thing."
I smiled at her and said,"thank you swati. I don't want to keep you away from your work. If you've any work please feel free to continue with your work."
Swati got up from the couch and said,"yeah I'll meet you in sometime. I've got lots of work to do before Cabir and Manik arrive."
She left. Rishabh got a call from Nancy. Rishabh came back and said,"nandu there's a small problem. Nancy was supposed to submit our project but the professor wants all the members of the project to be present there. I'm sorry but I have to go."
I said,"of course you should go. I can take care of myself and Cabir is here too. Don't worry."
Rishabh nodded and said,"okay once Cabir arrive, I'll leave."
I started watching the TV again. There was a commotion just near the entrance. The girls were shouting their lungs out. I knew that Cabir and Manik must have arrived. Then they switched to the video of the camera person just near the car. Cabir got off and then Manik was about to get off, my heart was beating really hard but just then Rishabh switched off the TV. He said,"what makes you think that you've got time for this? Are you Beyoncé that you can do anything yet you'll rock the stage? Do some meditation and then drink some warm water. Do gargles too it will clear your throat. I'm leaving now. Don't waste your time."
I nodded. Rishabh got up and kissed my forehead. He said," don't worry you'll get selected." I smiled. He then left. I closed my eyes and sat calmly for a while. I don't know when I slept. After a good one hour I opened my eyes and called for some luke warm water. The guy who brought my water told me that auditions have started some fifty minutes ago. I panicked a little. It must be an hour for my performance. I took my iPod and started listening to the song I would sing. I chose the song on purpose, just to show Manik that he has dropped out of my life four years back and I don't give a damn about him anymore. I listened to my song on loop for an hour or so just then swati came to my room and said,"your performance is in half an hour."
I nodded. I zoomed out Manik from my mind for a while. I started tuning my guitar. I sat there, when swati came up to me again and said," its time."
I stood backstage and saw a girl singing terribly. Then I saw Cabir, trying not to look at Manik but my eyes did catch him. Oh my god! He has changed so much. His body is well built up than before. Nandini snap it out. You're not here for manik. My eyes shifted to cabir. Both of them were frowning. I knew that they both were irritated with the type of people that have come to audition. Manik snapped his finger to indicate the singer to stop. He has not changed at all. He is still the arrogant Manik. What did you expect Nandini that he'll change? While I was thinkig all this I heard crew member announcing,"up next is Nandini Murthy."
Manik who was rummaging through his papers, looked up with a jerk after hearing my name. I saw him looking on the stage, I chinned up and walked on the stage with confidence. I had a carefree look on my face. I stood there and looked at both of them.
Cabir smiled and said,"hi Nandini. How have you been?"
I looked straight in to Manik's eyes and said with all the confidence I had in me,"never been better Cabir sir." I looked back at Cabir. He said,"cabir. I'm just Cabir for you. You can start your performance."
I smiled at him and said,"yeah."
I nodded at a crew member. He got my guitar and a chair. Manik's eyes were wide. He wasn't expecting that I'll be playing guitar. I closed my eyes and started playing the guitar. I started singing. I finished my performance, opened my eyes and looked up.
Cabir said,"wow Nandini. You're really good. It seems you've been practicing a lot."
I smiled at him and said,"yes Cabir. I just have music with me and that's what has been with me. Humesha."
Manik looked down on hearing the world humesha(in English it means forever). Humesha has been our word.
Cabir smiled and said,"you'll have to wait for the result. Thank you Nandini."
I nodded. I got up and went to my room. I sat there. Swati told me that its break time and Cabir is waiting for me in his room for lunch.
I got up and went to Cabir's room, wishing that no one sees me there. I was walking down the corridor when I felt someone's hand on my elbow. Before I could see who the person was, the person pulled me in the room. I knew who he was. This is so Manik. Manik always used to pull me into rooms just like this. I don't know how things happened but I found myself pinned on the wall and two strong arms on either side of my face. I looked up and saw a very familiar face in front of me.
It was manik. He was looking at me, there's something different in his eyes. Manik kept staring at me. I looked at him without any expressions.
Manik leaned in, his face close to me and said,"so you were here in London all these years. Why didn't you inform me Nandini? Do you have any idea how much I searched for you?"
I shook my head in disgust. He looked at me expecting for an answer. Did he really expect me to give an answer? To him? In his dreams.
I just looked at him, I can feel my face heating up with anger.
Manik banged his hand on the wall. He said angrily,"answer me damn it. Where the hell were you? You can tell your whereabouts to Cabir and not me?"
I was shocked. I could feel my face becoming pale. How did he know that I was in touch with Cabir? Why did Cabir tell him that we are friends?
------------

Hey people, here's a long update for you all. First of all belated Eid Mubarak to you all. May god bless you with happiness and success.
I hope you all liked the update. Please do vote and comment.
Thank you

Love and hugs,
Sasha