Chapter 10: My Hot Captor

"How long will you keep me?" I asked. You shrugged. "Forever, of course." ― Lucy Christopher

Unedited

[Yvonne's POV]

Today is my fifth day working at the Athens Medical Hospital or AMH, with the help of Katy again. Since then, we became more close.

I'm happy to continue with my profession as a registered dietician. I resigned at the PP hotel and I'm just happy that Claire accepted my resignation, giving her a reason that I had found a better job and it's inclined with my profession.

I'm wearing my comfortable black long trousers and gray buttoned down shirt, tucked in. I grab my white lab gown and stuff it in my big purse and walked out my room, ready to go to work with a smile plastered in my face.

Since I started working at AMH, I completely forgot Demetrio and Vanessa. The day I saw them together was heart breaking, but I managed to leave not being noticed. And, it didn't end there, a news spreads like a plague, the day they went to the restaurant.

Their photos laughing together, having fun of their lifetime just prove it all to me that the two has something special and I don't want to be in the way. After all, Vanessa is my cousin. And even if we don't get along well, still she's my cousin.

"Are you leaving?" mom asked as I walked to the door.

"Yes mom." I replied as I smiled at her. Holding the door knob I turned to see her.

"I'll come home early today. Maybe we all go and eat out with Ella." I suggested.

"Well, sure we could. Mom and Dad is going with friends out tonight anyway." she replied bobbing her head in agreement.

"Ok. I'll see you later!" I smiled and walked out the door, closing it behind me.

I walked to my rusty old car and tossed my purse on the passenger seat and I settled myself on the driver seat. I turned the engine on. The car shudder for a seconds then it immediately dies. I tried to start the ignition again and it gave me the same response.

"Oh please, not now!!" I groaned loudly.

Praying silently to start, I turned the ignition on, the car tries to start but can't. I hear a whining noise, but the engine won't turn over.

"Come on!!" I hissed frustratedly.

Then another try, and this time after a few seconds whining noise, it picks up. I heaved a loud relieved sighed.

I back up the car out of the garage and immediately left our driveway. Not long, I'm moving with the traffic, to my work. It's just 7:15 and my work starts at 8 in the morning. Katy's shift won't start until 1 later this afternoon. She's on afternoon shift.

So I will be eating alone today.

I turned the radio on and sway my head with the rhythm.

I dropped by at a drive through cafe and ordered my chai latte and a muffin for my breakfast.

"Hi, this is Daina, may I get your order?" the girl's enthusiastic voice rang on the speaker.

"Yes, Can I get a medium chai latte and one walnut baklava please." I said mimicking her tone.

"Ok- medium chai latte and one baklava. Is that all?" she asked cheerfully.

"Yes, please." I replied.

"That's 5.49 Euro. See you at the drive thru window." she said and I thank her. I drove safely around the curve to the window.

I'm just glad there's not much of a customers yet. Within 5 minutes, I'm back on the road with my latte and my favorite baklava. I haven't had baklava in a long time since I was watching all this sugars I'm eating.