#19 - Rocky Lynch

(This is actually a sneak peak of my next story)

"We are here in sunny Huntington for the ISA World Surfing Games and we have just watched Rocky Lynch shred the waves like he usually does" some cat with a microphone yelled, rallying the crowd who cheered me on as I got out of the water. "Will he be crowned champion for the 5th time in a row?"

"You did well, my man" Riker was the first of my family to congratulate me, then Jordan, Freddie and the rest of the gang. I did a quick hair flip to get rid of the remaining droplets then tied it up, taking a seat to watch the rest of the competition.

"Now everybody sit tight as we have the first wahini to enter the water since 2009! Everybody give it up for Aurora Carter"

My eyes fell upon a girl with long blonde hair she chose to have down, a board tucked under her arm as she ran towards the water.

"WHAT!" Jordan yelled from behind me.

I give it up to her, she had skills. The woman could even do barrels; something I haven't mastered quite yet.

"No fucking way" I muttered as she did an Aerial (surfer term) and the crowd went insane.

"Hey rocky!" Rydel piped up. "How's second place looking for ya?"

"Haha" I rolled my eyes at her, looking at the girl walk out of the water to be greeted by multiple people. Very furiously, I punched the sand.

+++

"Simmer down, ladies and gentlemen" the guy with the microphone moved to the podium. "In third place, Ben Gilles"

Everybody clapped politely as the meathead took his place on the podium; he wasn't cool, constantly aggro in the water.

"Now, for the two big ones- we've had a slight plot twist. The second place goes to the previous winner Rocky Lynch who passes down the trophy to new cat Aurora Carter!"

The beach cheered as we both went up, and they seemed even more happy than usual when she held up her trophy. However, after that, they began to scatter.

"Hey" I turned around to the very own looking at me. "You did really well"

"Thanks" I said dryly.

"Come on, nobody likes a sore loser" she smiled. "I'm Aurora"

"I'm not sore" I replied. "Rocky"

"Well Rocky, say that to the scowl embedded on your face" she chuckled, walking away. She directed herself to a middle aged man, who gave her a big hug and spun her around. After that, two little ones gave her a hug.

I walked over, tapping her shoulder. "Maybe we got off to a bad start. My name is Rocky"

"Well nice to meet you, Rocky" she shook my hand with a smile again. "I'm Aurora"

And this is the story of how I came across my new best friend.