Chapter 41

Sebastian extracted himself from Breen's arms.

The man's skin was slick with sweat so it was not difficult, he made a sound but did not wake. Sebastian quietly went about finding his clothes.

The Hunter's house was quiet, his wife out attending to her duties.

Fully clothed Sebastian stared down at his lover, he felt calm but knew that would not last.

Soon the guilt would begin gnawing at him and the disgust? That would come as well, and hit twice as hard.

He left the house, closing the door quietly behind him.

Breen lived, along with the other Hunters, in a small cluster of houses hugging the forest edge. Breen and his wife shared a house slightly removed from the others, so that Justyna had a large enough patch of land to grow her speciality herbs. It meant there was no one to see him slink away.

He hugged his cloak around himself, and strode on, he had gotten a few yards before he had to double over and spew what remained of his last meal into the bushes. He coughed and gagged, and wiped his mouth with a trembling hand.

Images sprang to his mind of Breen holding him...coaxing him. He retched again.

Glancing around him to see if anyone had witnessed his disgrace, he happened to glance to the forest.

And what he saw drove his self disgust far from his mind, he staggered to his feet and ran to find the others.