Invisible: Prologue

"HELP! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP-" I get cut of by him grabbing my throat and throwing me into the alley. The town is quiet and everyone's asleep with their loving families while I, Raine McGuire, walked the dark streets alone. 

I should've known better. I think as I hit the hard wet concrete, my knee began to bleed and my lips brust. My blood tasted like metal in my mouth and my head ached inside my skull. 

"Scream one more time, and I guarantee you only ONE of us will be leaving here alive." The dark shadow says. I recognize the voice from somewhere. School? Home? Practice? Work? Where had I heard it before? He lifts me up with one hand before slamming me down behind the trashcans and ripping off my clothes. He pressed into me taking both my dignity and my virginty in one single thrust. I try to hold back a yelp but it escapes, he doesn't seem to notice. 

I squeeze my eyes tightly trying not to see his face, trying not to recognize him. I don't need anymore haunted dreams, really I don't. I squeeze my eyes harder but the tears somehow still manage to escape my lids.

For the first time in my life.... I am purely terrified. 

"If you tell anyone it was me i'll kill you. I'll kill your family and then i'll kill you too." He grunts after he's done and getting off of me. I lay there trembling as he walks away, just like that it's over but my legs are stained with blood. Red crimson blood oozing out of my broken hymen. What feels like hours go by and the rain, the ACTUAL rain comes down hard. 

Storming. 

I pick myself up and head in the direction of home. I stay close to the walls of the building for support because it's hard to stand up. I pass toys stores, the library, 2 bakeries, and a fast food restaurant. I do it all with my head down. It's that easy. 

San Francisco is all I've ever known my entire life. My brains my own map. People yell at me I shouldn't be out in the rain unprotected like this but maybe they dont see the blood creeping out my dark washed skinny jeans.

They've warned me far too late... 

The water splashes even under my light steps and after what seems like forever im on my street. I walk solemnly up my driveway and pull my key from under the mat. 

No ones ever home. I'm always alone. That's just how everything is, how it has to be. 

I strip down and go into the bathroom letting the shower run as I lie on the floor of it. Hot water causing my body to get red bloshes all over but I don't care. There's no reason to care really. I lay there, breathing, thinking. Crying, SCREAMING. 

But of course no one hears me. No one ever hears me.

Because they dont want to hear me.

No one wants to hear a broken Angel with a cracked halo and dented wing. No one wants the responsibility of loving her.

So they keep her invisible. 

It wasn't always like this though, but it doesn't matter because this is how it ended up. My father constantly working to pay of doctor bills while my mother spends her days withering away in a hospital hoping they'll cure her cancer. My brother staying out at all hours of the night with his friends because he lacks parental supervision. Me walking the streets late at night coming home from random parties or my friends house. 

No one checks in with anyone else unless they need a ride or they're about to get arrested. 

Today I was coming from Sunny's house, my bestfriend. Her mother wasn't home and she had guys over. Well, 2 guys Chad and Bryce and while her and Chad fucked like bunnies in her mothers room Bryce tried to get me to do the same in hers. 

So I left. Bryce was scrawny and weak, not man enough to take me down that path. But I would've chose him over some stranger in a alley any day. 

The tears build up and overflow like tiny rivers mixing with the water in the shower.