Chapter Fifteen- Andrew

Andrew's P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was not the end. I was not giving up on her. Not this time. Last time she ran away, she got away. I was done being a coward. I can't keep letting fear rule my life. She isn't even considering me her best friend anymore so what have I to lose? Nothing but that half of my heart I chose.

I chose love.

Either she would take me for what I am, for what is true, or just say no. It's not like she can hurt me more than that. It's worth a risk of rejection to have a chance of her acceptance. Why wouldn't I take a risk for her? She was the only one worth it.

I may break a heart along the way, namely Kathleen, but I couldn't care now. I couldn't wait any longer. I was losing my chance. I had to get my foot in the door before it slammed shut completely. She was closing her door to her heart, and I was just letting it close. I couldn't let that happen.

She may or may not love me back, but that doesn't matter anymore. I'm going to fight for her. I'll make her fall in love, sweep her off her feet instead of having her sweep me off mine. She needed a knight, and I would play the part. I wouldn't let her get away because I was too scared to take a chance.

That slap hurt me deeply, but it still was a sign. She is hurting still. It may be from the pain of rejection, but I am the only one who can help heal that. She'll always be my best friend, but she's also my true love. I don't see why she can't be both.

I don't know what I've been thinking all these years. I've been so blind to the obvious. All I had to do was ask her. To tell her flat out. She was my best friend, she wouldn't have let me down hard. She would have been Charlotte about it, and reject me like the others. None of her rejectee's ever hated her for it, because she was too wonderful about it.

I was living in a blind fear. All those years.

Blinded by love. Blinded by friendship. Blinded by just plain foolishness. I couldn't see what was right in front of me, the obvious answer.

So tonight, I have one mission. To sweep her off her feet. Or try to. If she says no, I want to be her best friend again. Not both though. I can't do that. When she rejects me, I'll stop loving her that way. I won't keep chasing her and focus on being just friends. If she says yes though, I'll be her perfect prince. That's what she needs.

She has all this freedom now, without her father, but she is still feeling trapped because I abandoned her. I realized too late the poorness of my timing with this all.

I can only hope now that she loves me back. Some way, some how, that it's strong enough to over come all the heart ache she must be feeling. Rejection, denial, abandonment. All from her supposed "best friend". I could never do that to her again.

One way or another I would have her back tonight. Kathleen literally meant nothing to me, she just filled the gap for now. Drew also meant nothing. He was just another meaningless obstacle. I could overcome anything tonight, for her. I was done being afraid.

Love was worth fighting for.

I'm not entirely sure what I'll do, or how I'll go about it. I'm just waiting for the opportunity. I just hope she'll listen to me. For at least those three words.

Last night I stayed up late thinking of the different scenarios, and options I had. I didn't really have that many. I wanted to do it alone though, not with Drew and especially not Kathleen watching. It needed to be just us, the way we were always the most comfortable before.

I dressed my best for tonight, James and I went to rent tuxedos last minute this morning, thanks to Carly's brilliant timing. We're lucky they were prepared for drop of the hat orders. The girls apparently knew before us, Carly told them while they were shopping, and they all bought gowns. I can only imagine what Charlotte looks like in her ball gown. Like a princess I'm sure.