Chapter 17 - Feelings

So the night with Kian didn't exactly go as the both of us hoped for.

Before we could get anywhere, my dad called me and ordered me to come home, which I did reluctantly.

We were both pretty mad at the time, but now I'm glad that we were stopped.

"So what's up babe?" Kian says, sitting down next to me and peering over my shoulder at my phone.

He got here about thirty minutes ago and he made me lunch. After we ate it he was nice enough to wash the dishes we used.

"Not much. Filly says her and Ricky are still talking." I reply, shrugging.

Then I hear a knock at the front door.

Kian gets up automatically, but I place a hand on his arm, stopping him.

"I got it," I tell him, grabbing my crutches and standing up. I make my way to the door and open it.

"Hey!" A brunette behind the door says.

"Emily. What are you doing here?" I say loudly so that Kian can hear me.

"I wanted to hang out!" She says in an overly cheery voice.

I know that I should tell her no, but I don't want to seem rude.

"Oh, come on in," I say, trying not to seem like I don't want her there.

I close the door behind her as she walks in and I turn around to see Kian missing from the couch.

"Maddie! Come here babe!" I hear him call from the kitchen.

"Coming!" I say, smiling at Emily while she sits down on the couch.

I walk with my crutches towards the kitchen, finding an upset looking Kian leaning against the counter.

"Why is she here?" Kian hisses.

"I don't know, I didn't invite her!" I tell him in a low voice so that she won't hear me.

"Get her to leave!" He says quietly.

"I can't just tell her to leave!" I reply, not understanding why he hates her so much. Well, besides the fact that she cheated on him.

His face takes on an expression that shows that he's thinking hard, and it's adorable.

I hold back a giggle while he thinks.

"Okay, so we can tell her we have to go somewhere and we have to leave. Which leads to her having to leave." He raises his eyebrows, as if to ask for my approval.

"Where will we say we're going?" I ask quietly.

"Uh..." He looks off at nothing before his eyes return to mine. "We can say were going on a double date with Sam and his new girlfriend!" He says almost loudly.

"Sam has a girlfriend?" I ask, unaware of this information.

"Uh yeah, he met her a few weeks ago. But anyway, we can just say we have a date with them! That'll get her to leave," he says, amusing me with his ability to scheme.

"I don't want to seem rude though!" I say worriedly.

"You're not! We'll tell her it was already planned." He shrugs before kissing my forehead and walking towards the living me.

I follow suit, walking behind him.

"Hey Emily! We have to go meet with Sam and his new girlfriend Danielle. We planned a double date for today. Sorry that you just got here!" Kian says, being a very good actor.

"Oh..." Emily says, not looking very disappointed, just angry.

"Sorry, but I'm not really allowed to have people here when no one else is here, so you're going to have to leave," I speak up, trying to sound legit.

"I got it, I'm leaving," she says, standing up and flipping her hair as she walks out the front door and slams it.

I turn to Kian, squeezing my crutch to my body so I can give him a high-five.

"So can we go out anyway?" Kian asks, giving me a goofy smile.

"Sure," I say, shrugging.

Kian and I decide to go to a fair that's two counties over, and we hang out there the rest of the day.

I have a blast with him, my feelings growing deeper for him.

Yet the whole time, I keep thinking about Emily.

Why does he care so much about her not being near me?

The first time I met her, I recall, he acted all friendly with her like they were still good friends. After we started dating, though, he's all hateful about her.

Yeah, she cheated on him, I get that. I can understand that he doesn't want to be near her. I wouldn't want to be with someone that cheated on me.

But why doesn't he want her around me either?

I guess because if she's around me, that usually means she's around him as well.

I just don't see what's so wrong with her.

So she made a mistake and cheated on him, but how long ago was this?

Obviously long enough for him to get over her. I mean, he's dating me.

And then it hits me.

Kian doesn't want Emily around either of us because he still has feelings for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does Maddie's logic seem reasonable? What do you think?

Anyway! Thank you guys for all the comments and votes and reads! I really appreciate it!

I have you guys a goal last time and I didn't even get a full 24 hours before you guys met the goal. Thanks! I really appreciate it!

I have a bit different if a goal this time. And I don't know whether or not you guys will want to do it.

So I'm running out of ideas for my chapters. I just, I don't know. I'm not usually like this.

So your challenge/goal is to give me am idea I can develop for the next chapter so that the chapter can be long, because I seriously hate giving you guys short chapters.

Like this one. Like.. Ugh. I feel like I'm ripping you guys off by giving you short chapters.

So can anyone give me am idea? I will put your name in the chapter and dedicate it to you!

Also, I can choose more than one idea and make two chapters! So everyone's ideas could be chosen!

If you don't want to comment it, then you can PM me, I'll read it. Also, you can submit more than one idea!

Other than that, I'm sorry for the short chapter but I hope you liked it, regardless.

Comment "Flapjacks" if you read all of that, which you didn't because I'm boring.

Anyway.

Love you guys!!!

xox -Delilah