My Benefactor Chapter Fifteen

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Fifteen

Enjoy!  (no proofreading done and sorry it's short.)

*******

Have you ever had that feeling when everything just doesn't make any sense?

Why?

I could name a few things. First, my body was acting on its own accord. Second, I just flung Ciara all the way to the parking lot. Third, I'd just go back with the second because damn, EVERYTHING didn't seemed to fit in the picture.

I stared horrified at my hands. Strange it may sound, I could see strings of static all around it. I took deep calming breaths, and slowly, but surely, my hammering heart died down to its normal beat and that strong energy evaporated from my body.

Ciara.

I jumped at the realization and ran towards the parking lot. As much as I hated her, seeing her hurt worried me. And what's up with her hands and eyes? She looked menacing and... inhuman.

I scanned for her on the lot and spotted her leaning on a car, unconscious. There was a huge dent behind her unconscious body, and I'll be damned if the owner freaks out, but that was the least of my concern.

She stirred, regaining consciousness. She groaned a bit slowly, righted herself up to a standing position. She looked at her surroundings then finally, her eyes landed on me.

She contorted her face with such anger,"It can't be. You can't be one of my kind."

One of her kind? I should be asking you the same thing. I scoffed,"What the hell are you on about?" Believe me, I'm so lost.

She glared,"You just unleashed one of our kinds ability; telekinesis but with a touch of electric current, hence explaining the static and well, one of the several abilities anyway."

Now I'm totally confused,"I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure I'm normal and H-U-M-A-N. Maybe you were the one doing that mumbo jumbo thing on me."

"I don't have time explaining everything to you. Right now, I want you dead." And with that, her eyes changed to an electric blue color, and once again, her nails extended into claws. Her body became blurry and in a blink of an eye, she was gone.

Where the hell is she?!

This was a new revelation for me. In my years of being best friends with Ciara, I never thought she would keep something as crucial as this from me. She looked like a normal teenage girl and now, I am not certain what classification would she fall under.

And the question is; does Bryson know?

Or maybe both of them have been hiding something from me all along.

All of a sudden, an omnious evil cackle resounded in the air. I flinched at sound, sending shivers up my spine. That was definitely pure evil alright.

"Ciara?" I asked, darting my head left and right looking for her,"Is that you?"

Again, my query was responded with another round of sinister cackles.

"This isn't funny, Ciara." I warned.

"Oh, Reagan," She said. "This is an unexpected surprise."

I decided to stop looking for her voice, knowing it was pointless,"Look, I don't know what you're talking about, and I'm 100% human. What I did back there was just purely bull. I mean, come on, Ciara! I suck at gym, for crying out loud." I cried, exasperated. The gym part was farfetched, but I just had to say something.

"Cut the crap, hoe. I can't believe you're an Alerian like me. Lilly and Michael are human. They can't be a Alerian." She said.

Alerian? What the heck is that? "Michael was my step father, Ciara. He's not my real father, and what the hell is a damn Alerian? Speak English, woman!" I demanded.

"What's your real dad's name?" she asked, ignoring my query.

What is this? Playing 21 questions before killing someone? How original."Luke." I said, deciding to answer her stupid question anyway.

She gasped."No."

Wait a freaking second. My real father. That means my father was an Alerian? Ah, hell. This was too complicated for me, and did she just gasp? She knows something.

"You sound shocked there. Do you know something?" I asked irritated. "Damn it, Ciara! Show yourself!"