Chapter 1 |~| American Girl

Song ~ American Girl by Bonnie McKee

Another year, another week, another day. Another day of listening the crazyass Aussie slang the people in this town speak followed by becoming extremely confused. 

What really gets me is that in school, people purposely speak this weird Aussie language.
It was quite unusual..the only thing I really knew was that they would call the barbecue after a spoiled blonde doll who honestly every slüt would dress up for Halloween.

"Hey Tee!"

I turned around at the sound of someone calling my name.

"Over here dumbo!"

My eyes advert from the piling students in front of the gate to the young man sitting in the massive black tundra. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the truck.

"What do you want, dipstick?" I asked my brother, Jason. He simply smirked before taking the car off of park.

"Just stay out of trouble, kid."

Now it was I who smirked.

"I make no promises."

My brother rolls his eyes before driving off too who knows where.
I spun on my heel and reluctantly went through the gates of S. Brook High school.

I kept my gaze towards the floor and held tightly into my backpack. No matter how confident I seemed in front of my brother, I was internally shaking like a chihuahua.

Every once in a while I lifted my head upwards just to watch out for anyone who wanted to mess with the 'American Kid Down the Block'. I mentally rolled my eyes at the thought of my nickname.

Back and forth, I dodged the passing students who where either forgot where their lockers where last year or had forgotten some stupid pencil.
Continuously my eyes looked out for a familiar blonde giraffe, an Aussie Asian, or any signs colorful locks of hair.

Finally, I've reached my locker and hastily grabbed my time table that already awaited me inside.
I carefully scanned over the today's classes;

1ST PERIOD ~ AP Literature

2ND PERIOD ~ AP Chemistry

3RD PERIOD ~ AP Math

4TH PERIOD ~ Lunch/Recess

I chuckled at the thought of High Schoolers having recess fore so many things can go wrong with a bunch of hormonal teenagers being allowed to be outside where no teachers where.

5TH Period ~ History H

6TH Period ~ PE

7TH PERIOD ~ Elective; Music Room 1203

As I scanned my list of classes I  suddenly felt a hand tightly grip my shoulder. From pure instinct, I dropped my schedule and spun around, bumping into the lockers on the process.

"Theresa! It's me!" A familiar feminine voice exclaims. I lifted a lidd from one of my closed eyes to see my best friend Andy.
I glared at her and massaged my now aching shoulder.

"What have your parents been feeding you?" I grumbled jokingly. Just because I was joking still didn't mean it didn't hurt.

She chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"I missed you too." she said sarcastically. I cracked a small smile at her.
"Aha! She smiles!" Andy exclaimed while poking my cheek. Now I started to laugh.

"What's your first class?" I asked while smiling like an idiot.

"Ugh, History with Mr. H." She replied with an eye roll.
I smiled slightly knowing I have the same class.