Chapter 8 - A Note and A Gift

*Eleanor's POV*

The next morning, I woke up and Luke was standing at his closet, grabbing a shirt in nothing but a towel.

"Hey Luke.." I scared him by accident.

"Oh, hey Eleanor. I didn't know when you were going to wake up," he turned towards me.

"What time is it?" I sleepily asked.

"Ten after seven."

"What!? The bus comes at seven-twenty!"

"Maybe at your house it does. The bus doesn't stop here anymore. I drive to school, and I'll drive you to school."

"Thanks Luke.."

"That's what I was planning to do anyways."

"What time do we have to leave?"

"I leave around eight? Sometime around there."

"Okay. I'll be ready by then. I'll have to rush."

"You have fifty minutes. It only takes fifteen to get ready."

"Maybe for you. It takes me more than an hour."

"Well, you don't have an hour, so get going."

"Would your mum mind if I used her shampoo and conditioner? I don't have mine."

"She doesn't care, Eleanor. You know that."

"I know," I told him, walking out of the room and into the bathroom.

I got into the shower. I showered as quick as I could. It took about ten minutes. I dried off and got the towel on, then walked into Luke's room. He was sitting in there, ready.

"Could I change?" I asked him, and he got up. He walked out of the room, giving me privacy. I thanked him. After locking the door, I took the towel off and changed into the clothes I had packed. At least I didn't have to pick out my clothes this morning.

Once I was dressed, I walked out of the room with my makeup bag. Luke was right outside of the door, and unexpectedly, he took my makeup bag from me.

"Nope," he said, smirking.

"Give it."

"You're not wearing it, and you'll be fine," he told me as I tried to grab it.

I yanked it out of his hands and muttered a "thank you" before going back into the bathroom. I zipped open the bag and took all of my stuff out that I would need. I had locked the door so Luke couldn't come in and steal my makeup again.

I did my makeup in record-breaking time for me: ten minutes. I walked out of the bathroom with my makeup bag, smiling sweetly at Luke. He glared at me as I put my makeup bag back with my stuff.

I went downstairs where Luke now was along with my mum, Liz, and Andrew. I grabbed an apple for breakfast quickly.

"Do you have your book bag?" Luke asked.

"Oh, yeah. It's in your room from yesterday. I'll get it," I ran up to Luke's room and grabbed my book bag.

I made my way downstairs once more, this time with my book bag. Luke and I said goodbye to our parents before we left for school.

The car ride was silent. It wasn't awkward, just silent. We didn't have anything to talk about to each other, I guess.

We arrived at school a few minutes later. Luke began to walk with me to my locker. When we got there, I noticed a note. It said "Eleanor" on the front in bold, colorful letters. I opened it, and it said, "I don't want nobody but you.. will you be my girlfriend? PS. I hope you enjoy.. -Luke:)"

I turned around to look at Luke. He was smiling a lot. I thought seriously about this. He liked me, a lot. I like him too.

"Yes," I answered, "but what do you want me to enjoy?"

"Open your locker.."

I looked at him weirdly. What was in my locker? After I put my combination in, I opened my locker. I saw a bag, like a gift bag.

I took the gift bag out of my locker and looked in it. After I took the tissue paper out, I couldn't believe what I saw...