Plus one

"Stiles! Stop following me."

"Nope! Not until you come back inside."

"I just need to think okay?"

"Okay, inside."

"Stiles!"

"Terra!"

I stomp my foot down, turning to face the pestering boy, "I just need to think."

"Try saying that without the glowing eyes."

Clenching my fists I repeat myself, "Stiles go back inside."

"After you."

"Oh my god! Can't I just have a moment to think?"

"Not when crazy Kate is running around with those things!"

"Fine!" I shout, throwing my hands up, "Ten minutes, just give me ten minutes."

"You don't have your watch on."

"Seriously Stiles? I'm really tempted to punch you."

Stiles finally relents, holding his hands up in surrender, "Just stay in eyesight- please?"

"Fine." I mutter, stalking to the nearest tree I begin my climb upwards.

"What is it with you and trees?"

"Stiles, I'm thinking. Shut up."

"Nine minutes."

I groan, muttering profanities under my breath as I settle on a branch. After Stiles and I found out the Derek's mom is supposedly my godmother I kinda stormed out on him. Obviously the first place I went was the forest but Stiles being Stiles followed me and is being his usual annoying self.

It's just a lot to sallow. All this time I thought no one was there for me and I was right. Talia was supposed to take custody of me but instead she sent me into the system. She abandoned me yet she had the nerve to receive updates on me? How am I supposed to just accept that?

"Five minutes!" Stiles yells, cutting off my thinking.

"Stiles I swear to god- shut up!"

I pause making sure he will actually stay quiet before I continue my contemplation. I need to talk to Derek about this. Maybe his mother has an explanation, or maybe he can explain to me why she didn't take me.

What else don't I know about my parents? My eyes close for a moment, they died when I was four, there's a lot I don't know about them. I just wish someone was here to tell me about them. I have nothing from them, all that I have is a jacket. The only thing left after the fire.

I used to have more of their stuff, but as I was moved around I slowly lost it all. The only thing left is my father's jacket, which is tainted with ash from the fire that killed Tommy and his family.

"Terra." I nod, biting my lip, knowing that my time is up. I grudgingly climb down from the tree, ignoring Stiles questions as I stalk back towards his house. Stiles jogs slightly to catch up with my brisk pace, his hands stuffed into his jacket pockets. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really."

Stiles holds open the front door, his lips turned downward in a small frown. I duck under his arm, entering the warm house which I have learned to call home for the time being. His soft footsteps follow me upstairs as I pause by my bedroom door. "Well you know where to find me."

I nod, my gaze cast downwards in thought. From the corner of my eye I catch Stiles hesitate in his doorway before he shakes his head softly and closes the door behind him. My fingers tighten around the silver doorknob, my anger slowly rising from my thoughts. Talia Hale, why her? I don't remember my mom ever talking about any Hale's, then again I was only four.