Chapter 25: Flirting's not my thing

Chapter 25

Flirting's not my thing

>>>Carter

Two weeks have passed, and now it was the ending of November, which meant it was time for the weather to freeze my ass off. It doesn't snow here in Regional Hills; at least it hasn't for years, and when it does it's a rare occasion in December that's only happened three times in my life time. I hated this time of the year for one reason only.

I hated the cold. Dressing in at least two layers of clothing didn't go well for me, for I felt very uncomfortable in it. During classes, it's so hard to stay awake when the coolness in the air was practically a lullaby for you to take a nice long afternoon nap and imagine the softness of a warm wonderful bed. Your eyes would flutter every two seconds, and when you couldn't handle it anymore you'd just close it entirely for a moment as you entirely forget where you are as you relish in that feeling.

And as I heard someone clear his throat in an obvious attempt to get someone else's attention, I think blanking out is exactly what I did.

So, apparently, Mr. Donovan has asked me a question, because as I scanned the classroom from where I sat in the middle; everyone's eyes were glued on me like I owed them money, and with Mr. Donovan's hard core glare in the front directed right at me; it was safe to say I was the culprit of his annoyance.

Shit. The last thing I need is this teacher on my case today.

"Well Mr. Summers?" He asked, crossing his arms as snickers from the sadistic students enveloped the room. Seriously, I hate these awkward moments. Okay let's see, we were talking about the equations of a curved and straight line... equations one to four were already answered on the board, so that means I was supposed to answer number five... which I didn't do damn it. I hear a soft cough to my right, making me glance down to see Genevieve turning her notebook in my direction as she points to her answer secretly not looking at me. This is a good friend, I smiled, looking up quickly so Mr. Donovan wouldn't be suspicious.

"The gradient is 3.5, so the equation would be y=3.5x+12." I say, causing Mr. Donovan to narrow his eyes before sighing in disappointment, meaning I got it right.

"Correct." He grits out as I held in the urge to laugh in satisfaction, oh I loved putting him in his place. "Ms. Mauricio would you answer question number-"

The bell rang, making the whole class sigh in relief at the sound, and for once I felt the same way they do. I hated this man's classes. He always looked for some small issue to send me out of the class or get me in trouble. It was childish, and stupid, but hey what can I do? He was a teacher.

"I swear." Genevieve whispered so only I would hear as we both got up from our desks and started our way outside in the crowded halls. "One of these days I'm going to tell Mr. Donovan to just stick it up his homophobic ass."

"And then you'll be the one in trouble." I chuckled at her murderous gaze. "Seriously though, let it go. I'm used to it."

"After graduation I know what I'm doing." She nods determinedly, ignoring my statement for her to stop worrying about it as I rolled my eyes. "I'll break every window in his car,"

"That's called vandalism, and you'll go to jail." I point out as we continue to stroll through the crowded halls together.

"Then," she continues, completely ignoring what I was trying to say. "I'll go all Carrie Underwood on his tires and dig my key onto the side of his pretty little sopped-up four wheel drive."

"Eve stop." I say, not holding it back anymore as I laugh out loud at her craziness. Now every time I hear that song I'll laugh like a mad-man. We both stop in front of Mrs. Jazz's classroom, entering after I opened the door only to find it empty.