Chapter 14

Please read my others stories, Werewolf and The Guest (New Story). Please!!!!!!! :)

Ariana's POV

After Carson had officially announced the battle round to begin, the music had played. The crowd kept quiet and watched our performance quietly, I started the first part and I sang:

"There is freedom within
there is freedom without
Try to catch a deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead
many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
While you're traveling with me...".

My voice was shaky and cracky. I couldn't focus properly and sing the best I could. Something was disturbing my mind and it's about Nathan.

This song recalled a lot of our memories. All of our memories are just like don't dream it's over and it shouldn't over yet it's over. Every memory started to attack my brain and it's hard for me to concentrate and focus on the song.

My family, mom and Frankie were here today too, I kept looking at them but they kept smiling and showing me a good thumbs.

After I finished my part, Miley and I sang it together:

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they won't win

After that, Miley went solo:

Now I'm towing my car
there's a hole in the roof
my possessions are causing me suspicion but there's no proof
in the paper today
tales of war and of waste
but you turn right over to the T.V. page

When she was singing, I couldn't focus anymore, Nathan was everywhere on my mind. Every details about yesterday night was repeated on my mind. Every sentence he had mentioned before he died was repeated on my mind.

After Miley had finished her part, we looked at each other and sang it together:

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they won't win...

Suddenly, I broke down. I dropped my microphone and my eyes darkened. I turned away, covered my face and sobbing. I didn't dare to look at everyone include my family now but I could imagine at their reactions.

Everyone turned silent and the music was keep playing. But Miley didn't continue to sing anymore, she stopped and quickly gave me a hug. She whispered beside my ears "Ariana, we are so close to finish the song, let's do it.".

I shook my head and replied softly "I am sorry, Miley. I can't do this anymore. I am sorry.". She whispered and comforted me "Why not? You are Ariana. You can do it.".

I shook my head and replied "No, I can't. The dream is over, the devils had broken the wall and won the battle. I lost everything now.". She sighed and patted my back "Fine. Just cry. Cry out loud and you will feel better.".

Suddenly, applause was everywhere, everyone stood up and clapped their hands for us. They started to shout neatly together "Ariana! Ariana! Ariana!". I rested my face in my hands and Miley whispered to me "Ariana, don't afraid anymore, raise your head and see. Everyone was clapping their hands and supporting you.".