Chapter 8: A Foetus in Your Mother's Uterus.

A Foetus in Your Mother’s Uterus

CHAPTER 8

Jake

 I couldn’t help but grin when I saw the door opening. Then her head poked out. A thousand watt grin lit up her face when she saw nobody.

Demented girl.

Has nobody ever taught her how to cross a road? Hello, crazy lady, you’re supposed to check left and right for your enemies too. I’m right here!

Then she put out one leg.

And that’s when I knew that I’d been missing something my entire life. Her legs could make a grown man weep. Even while fully covered in jeans. Not kidding.

Focus. Focus. Back to business.

Then she put out her other leg. Really, it’s a miracle I’m still standing.

Focus. Focus! Not on her legs, you dumb ass.

She was now completely outside, but was walking on her toes for some strange reason. I even thought I heard her chuckle once or twice. Well, if she was enjoying sneaking that much, I might as well oblige her by making her life a little more exciting.

“Going somewhere?”

She froze. After my words had sunk in, she didn't even waste her time turning around and just started running. So, she is scared of me, I thought in satisfaction. In, like, five seconds she was trapped against the wall.

“For a guy who is repulsed by me, you sure touch me a lot.”

Doesn’t she ever shut up?

“If you think that that immature comment will make me release you, you're wrong. I’m not letting you go until I’ve had my payback, understand?”

She looked outraged.

Your payback?? I’m the one who has to get revenge, dimwit, not you. It’s not me that’s the biggest jackass on the planet!”

“So I’m the bad guy now, huh?”

I mean, she was the slut that helped her cheating sister!

“Why are we having this conversation again?” She asked me, in that sassy tone of hers.

“Because you can’t keep your mouth shut!”

By this time I was so angry that I was holding her by the collar of her shirt by one hand, while the other was clutching her arm. Her hands were pushed up against my chest, and clutched at fistfuls of my shirt, trying to push me away. Suddenly, she went limp.

I will never be able to understand this girl.

“Please don’t hurt me.” She begged in a fragile high pitched voice that was totally not Kayla.

“I’ll do whatever you tell me to, I promise.”

Was she really that scared of me? Shit, I was really starting to feel guilty now. Those big eyes of hers were pleading with me, and she looked so lost and scared—

“Not buying it.”

I jumped back at the sound of the principal’s voice.

He continued, “Kayla, dear, that was an amazing piece you put up for my benefit, you should seriously join the drama club, but you forget that I have known you since you were a foetus in your mother’s uterus. You just don’t submit to bullying like that, so I’m not going to believe your puppy dog eyes. However, I will have to punish the two of you for skipping class to try and murder each other. Follow me.”