Chapter Eleven: Date

"What do you say to going out with me tonight?" Jasper asked suddenly while we were working to wash the dishes.

I had been convincing him, while I was living in the pack house, to do some of the little task around the house together when we were alone. We usually ended up not running into anybody so we did everything for ourselves despite the staff that he kept in the house.

"Um, tonight?" I asked, pretty shocked he was asking me out. He hadn't asked me out my entire stay in the pack house, I mean not entirely. He and I had our little movie stuff and we ate together but we hadn't had an official "date".

"Yeah, tonight. I know you're going to eventually go back to your place and..., I want us to be on our way in a good direction when that happens. I want the possibility of 'us' being a real thing." He shrugged, looking sheepishly down at me.

"I..., um, I don't know." I sighed. "Can I be completely honest with you?" I asked softly and he nodded. "The more I'm with you.., and my brothers, I just- I feel like I'm getting in too deep. I don't want to put roots down here just to have to cut them again. This place, these people, were once a part of my home and now..., now they aren't. I have some trust issues when it comes to you and everybody here and..., I don't want to be hurt again." I hesitated, stuttering through my little speech and dropping my head.

"Hey, come here." he said, coming closer and lifting my face so I looked at him. "Have I given you any indication that I would hurt you in the time you've been here? Do you honestly think I would hurt you on purpose after how close we've become? I know I'm a jackass and I hurt you before but I'm trying to change for you. Give me some credit here." He murmured softly.

"I do give you credit. You've been amazing since you told me that night that you were going to work on you so you were a better man for me. You truly have become amazing. No girls hanging off of you all the time. Most of the time I see you you're obviously with me or you're working. I really like the direction we're going. I..., yes, yes I'll go out with you tonight." I finally said with a nervous laugh.

"Really?" He smiled broadly. I nodded and he yelled out in celebration, lifting me up and twirling me around. "I promise this will be...., awesome." He grinned. "I'll see you later." He said, running out of the kitchen. "Wear something nice!" He yelled down to me as I wiped up the kitchen. I chuckled at the excitement in his voice and finished up.

Once I was done down in the kitchen, I headed up to my room to do homework and look for something to wear. I went through everything I had moved here over the weeks and finally found a pretty black dress with a bow in the center and tiny hearts printed on it. I moved to a suitcase of shoes I had brought and found my black suede, wedge heeled ankle-boots with a pump in the front.

My clothing selections were limited, even when I was at my apartment, but I did my best. Working and going to college didn't exactly mean I got to shop much, especially for nice things. All the clothes I had were gathered over the years and I worked hard to preserve them. I just hoped the outfit was going to be nice enough for whatever Jasper had planned.

I tried to work until I needed to get up and get dressed but I was nervous every time I thought about what was going to happen on the date. I was moving back to my apartment soon but this date could ruin the rest of my time here. I was only supposed to stay with Jasper for the two weeks that my door was supposed to take but, thanks to slow maintenance, they wouldn't have it done for another four days. Who takes three weeks to fix a door that still has its basic functions? It just can't be locked up too well.

At around six o'clock I was done trying to attempt to do my homework and decided to get dressed. I slipped in the shower, letting the warm water relax my muscles and calm my nerves. Once my shower was done, I picked out some lacy underwear and pretty black bra and slipped them on.