❀ 16- Faint Reminders

TAEHYUNG'S P.O.V

I walked outside of the school building with my head down, and stopped when I walked where behind the school was.

I stopped in front of the wall, and leaned one hand on it as I breathed in and out.

I lifted my hand and punched the wall as I screamed out in anger, making a large imprint of my fist into the newly concrete wall. I panted, looking at the hole I made.

My fist was numb to the pain, though I hoped that it would hurt instead.

To make me concentrate on it than what I was feeling in my heart.

I slowly sat down on the floor and rested my head on my knees.

I couldn't stop it, but the memories from earlier flooded back into my head.

"Yah! I fell for you, alright? It's the words you've wanted me to say back to you for a long time! I l like you! You promised that you would make me your girlfriend! Where's that promise?! Huh?!" She had said, and that only made me hurt more.

I wished she didn't say that.

I wished she didn't fall for me to begin with.

I wish... that I could take back that promise I made to her when we first met.

But yet, I still wanted them all.

I wanted to be happy to hear the words,"I like you" coming out from her lips.

I wanted her to by my girlfriend, I wanted to hug her, and even kiss her again... but I can't.

The tears that I have been holding in, started to fall from my eyes, and down my cheeks as I grabbed my head in between my hands.

It was reality that stopped me from dreaming on.

It was because of this sickness I had... I couldn't be with her. It's not that easy.

If I continue on with her, it would only hurt  her in the future.

I couldn't be any more selfish to take her with me, so that's why I lied to her earlier, telling her everything that we had together... was all a mistake.

So that, in the future,
it could only hurt me.

A lump formed in the back of my throat as my bottom lip started to tremble as more tears came down my face. I reached over my chest, my hand shaking as I clenched it into a fist.

She mustn't know about me anymore.

I won't let her.

It was only for her protection.

"I'm so sorry... Hyeri..." I say as I cried the tears for her. "I'm so sorry!"

As I said the words, I had no choice to convince myself that I didn't need her for me anymore.

Although she probably doesn't know the full story, I still won't tell her anything.

And that was for the best.

HYERI'S P.O.V

I walked home alone that late afternoon, keeping my thoughts to myself as I walked slowly on the sidewalk.

It was hard for me to keep going, but I knew once I'll reach home... I can let it all out.

The path was longer as I walked by myself, but it was probably because he wasn't here with me.