Chapter Forty Five

Chapter Forty Five

Lienna

"And you'll remember to come back, yes?" I asked, almost crying but keeping a smile. A few weeks after Ander's attack, Frigga and Odin made the decision to have Jane return to Midgard until safety issues were sorted out. Thor made the decision to accompany her, because he had unfinished business there, and to be with Jane as she recovered.

Her injuries were some of the worst, besides Loki's. She had refused to share information with Ander and his men, and fought back when they tried to torture it out of her. Jane was ridiculously, incredibly strong. I did not know of a single soul who would have done the things she did for the safety of other people, and she did it without even thinking twice. Odin could complain all he wanted about the stupidity and selfishness of Midgardians, but he had no room to gripe about Jane Foster. She was perfect for Thor; two beautiful people who weren't afraid to do what it took to save others. It was amazing to me how they worked so well.

Loki and I were similar in that way. We were both smart and emotional, yet we hid them until they became too much. We had our own complex insecurities and found solace in each other when it became hard to deal with them. We definitely weren't undeniably heroic like Jane and Thor, but we had our victories.

"Of course we'll remember to come back!" Thor said reassuringly. "It would simply be a disgrace to never return home."

"Thank you, Thor, but I believe I was asking Jane," I replied, grinning at his slight embarrassment.

Jane laughed. "Being a prince gets your manners ahead of your mind, doesn't it?" Thor nodded, a slight blush gracing his cheeks. "But he's right. I'd find myself back here, with Thor or not."

I hugged her. "I will miss you."

"I'll miss you too," Jane said, hugging me back. "Tell Loki I said goodbye."

"Of course." I turned to Thor, smiling wide. "And you, treat her so well she won't be able to forget anything you do." He nodded, taking it as seriously as I meant it. Then I embraced him as well. "I'll miss you."

"I will miss you too, Lienna," he said.

"If that's all the goodbyes, then I'm sure these two would like to be off," Odin said, after clearing his throat.

Thor nodded. "I wish Loki could have been here to see us off."

"You really believe I would miss this, Brother?"

I smiled, recognizing the voice immediately. Loki approached us slowly, because every step was surely painful to take, but his gait was full of even more pride and smugness than usual.

Odin seemed utterly annoyed that his adopted son would show at a time like this, but Frigga smiled as if she knew this would happen.

"Loki!" Thor exclaimed happily. Loki smirked, holding his arms out precariously.

The two hugged for longer than anyone expected, and when they broke apart, Thor seemed to be crying, and Loki pressed a hand to his stomach and smiled.

I was close to tears like Thor's. Loki wasn't expected to be moving at this point in his healing, let alone walking around without support. It was a miracle he was with us right now, but you could always count on Loki to surprise us all.

Loki caught my eye, grinning. Imagine seeing you here, he thought jokingly.

I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help but smile too. I married a madman.

Oh, but you love it.

The last thought wasn't thought, rather purred into my ear. I gasped, a bit from shock, but more from the quick yet passion filled kiss.

Luckily, no one seemed to notice our little moment. Frigga finished off the goodbyes with a motherly speech, Thor pulled Jane close, and they were off in the BiFrost.

As soon as they were gone, Frigga started to make her way back to the palace, excusing herself with something about her friends visiting soon.

Odin pulled Loki aside, and they shared a few surprisingly lighthearted sounding words and some laughter. Then, Odin nodded respectfully at me and followed after Frigga.

Heimdall continued his watching of the Nine Realms, leaving Loki and I to cross the bridge back to Asgard.

I was excited to have Loki's conscious company after so long without it.

"Is it good to have me back?" Loki asked. I could almost hear his ego and joking radiating from the question.

"Oh, I'm not too sure. I was quite enjoying the lone wife life," I replied, squeezing his hand and trying to mimic his tone.

"Lienna, I believe you made that up," Loki replied, laughing.

"Maybe I did. Either way, it's true."

"Really? I think you missed me," Loki said, poking my side playfully.

"That's cheating; you can read my mind," I responded. "You're right, but still."

"I choose not to read your mind. Something like that wouldn't be very trustworthy in a relationship," Loki said knowingly.

I thought for a moment. "That's actually incredibly wise of you."

"Am I not known for being wise?"

"If you ask Thor, he'll say you aren't with women," I replied.

Loki rolled his eyes. "Thor isn't here anymore. Besides that, I think you know that isn't true."

He stopped to look me in the eye, and suddenly we were standing in our room. Loki inhaled sharply, pressing his eyes closed in pain.

I gave him a concerned look, which he brushed off. "It's fine, Lienna. I swear."

"Is it, Loki? This can wait," I said, injecting my voice with as much seriousness as possible. As much as I wanted our married life to resume, his health was more important.

He took both my hands and gave them a reassuring squeeze. "Yes. I'm fine. Just try not to mess me up too much."

I smiled. "I'll try." I leaned in and kissed him, gently, lovingly. This was what it meant to be in love. This was what I loved.

××××××

-

-

-

-

-

-

First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 80 (now 81) THOUSAND READS ON CHOSEN! It means so much to me that you all love this story and I don't know where I would be without you (actually i do i would be getting a proper amount of sleep but whatever i like writing more)!

Fun Fact: Chosen is one year old in ten days!

Also, a tiny bit of fluff and Thor and Jane are off to Midgard!

And one last thing: should Chosen end soon or should I continue it? Comment your opinion because I could honestly go either way.

lots of love,
katiethenovelist :))))