Five // Chicken Nuggets for Life

After their lips were sealed and their relationship was pronounced as forever, they decided to go to the so-called reception they formulated their heads, and had mutually agreed that they would eat at McDonald's, at two in the morning.

They wanted to invite the priest and the nuns who were playing mah-jong as well, but they declined, because they were fasting. It seemed like they weren't exhausted from the long walks they were doing, because they reached the said fast-food chain in a very energetic aura.

Samantha was jumping up and down like a cheerleader while Christian pushed the glass door open, the cool air-condition swooshing past them. Customers were barely there while the duo staggered on the counter, the cashier whose black mane was covered with a hairnet smiled at them, her lips painted in red. She looked jovial.

"Good morning ma'am and sir, how can I help you?" she asked politely, her lips curved up like it was drilled on her face, her fingers tapping on the buttons of the monitor.

Samantha barked out a shrill laugh. "I want ten orders of chicken nuggets, with a banana sundae and a ten happy meals that are also chicken nuggets," she said.

Charlene, which was printed on her nametag, in a swift manner tapped all the buttons, her brown eyes darting towards the woman and the man. Her round brown eyes—which were identical to Rapunzel's from Tangled—widened, a size larger to her already enormous eyes. "Do you want anything else?"

"I hope your Minion collectibles are available and complete," Sam answered, her blue eyes twinkling when they averted to the screens mounted at the bottom of the ceiling, the cute poses of Kevin, Stuart and Bob making her gush out loud. Charlene nodded with a smile still on her face.

The cashier announced the amount they were going to pay, Sam fished out another thousand dollars from her pocket, and winking at her to keep the change. Charlene almost hyperventilated at the extra cash she had on her hands, because she was a single mom raising a five-year-old son and that money was a great help to pay off the fees.

"Are you going to eat that all?" Christian asked once they placed around five trays, with the aid of the workers, on the table. Sam giggled at him loudly—and their drunkenness was wearing off a little bit too slow.

"Of course not, silly. You're going to eat one meal while I eat the rest," she replied, starting to gobble down the food, realizing she was too hungry, stuffing all of the chicken nuggets inside her mouth while a large red box (a happy meal) sat gloriously at the edge of the table and Sam could imagine a spotlight focusing on it.

She hastily grabbed the box and opened it, her eyes lighting up in delight when she saw the sight of different Minion collectibles that were secured inside a three-dimensional square plastic.

"Oh, my gosh!" she gushed loudly, causing Christian to choke on his last chicken nugget, his hand desperate to grab the plastic cup of Sprite that was mere centimetres from him. He coughed loudly.

"Is something wrong?" Christian asked worriedly once he could catch his breath.

"No," Sam squealed, hugging all of the Minion collectibles on her arms, caressing them as if they were real-life babies. Christian stared at her and wondered, would she be a great mother to their children in the future?

It was a harmless question to be asked to his wife so he opened his mouth asked, "How many kids do you want?"

Sam placed all the Minion collectibles inside the happy meal box gingerly, her blue eyes gazing over Christian. "Around seven I guess," she shrugged nonchalantly in reply and Christian smirked at her, mischief clouding his eyes.