Chapter 8

I was spending most of the night galloping up and down dragging John, Dante, William and Fred behind my horse, but the night was beginning to grow cold and my horse was beginning to quiver and shiver under the saddle. We soon returned to Wills house and he lit the wood in the hearth, we all sat in front of it, we all had a warm drink in our hands and I was laying on the chest of Dante.

"Dante I was wondering if I could ask Josephine to sit for one of my paintings maybe Ophelia?" John asked.

"No, most certainly not" He barked.

"Dante please allow me to make my own decisions" I said to him.

"Okay, but if I allow her please take care of her" He answered.

"Thank you" I said looking up and Dante looking down at me and kissed me, my fingers tangling into his hair.

"You know when its icy like that we should do it again" Will said.

"Maybe but I think I need to get my horse reshod" I giggled.

"What time do I need to drop Josephine over to yours John?" Dante asked.

"10 o'clock in the morning" He answered. "No later" John added.

"He'll get me there" I reassured John.

It was getting late and we needed to head home, so we said goodbye to the guys and Dante walked back with me. We soon got home and I got ready for bed, I tried to get undressed but I began to struggle with the laces on my bodice and Dante wrapped his arms around my waist and undid the laces for me, and even helped my dress to slide off my thin frame, then I climbed into bed and Dante got undressed to join me, he wrapped his arm around my waist, and tried turning me over.

"No not tonight, I just wanna rest I need it" I said to him.

He pined and turned over taking his arm off my waist, I slept peacefully and in the morning Dante was up before me, he pulled the sheets off me and I whined. "We've got to be at Johns house in 30 minutes" He said to me.

"Is that the time!" I exclaimed racing up.

So I got changed into my dress and Dante bundled me into a carriage before leaving me and said he would be at Johns later to come and get me. So the carriage tore away and it wasn't long till I reached Johns house, the carriage stopped and I got out, I knocked on Johns door and he answered. "Hi Josephine come in" He greeted me and took me upstairs, there was a bath all set out and Fred was filling it with water that been boiled and cold water had been added so I didn't burn my skin, there was also candles to keep it warm. I got changed into another dress, took my hair out which I soon put roses in with a garland. I walked out again and Fred said "I woke up thinking about you last night, well about the water we didn't want you freezing"

"And sparing me from the fate of the real Ophelia" I added, so I stepped into the bath with the help of Fred and I laid back into it, so it covered my whole body, shoulders and around my face and my hands sticking out of the surface. Fred watched while John began to sketch me, the water was nice and warm, it was making me relax, we had a break after a few hours and it was perfect timing as Dante came to get me. I was drying off and I slipped back into my dress. I could hear his loud voice, I emerged from the screen and Dante's gaze landed on me, I still had the garland on my head and the roses in my hair, so I took them off and left them on the table before leaving with Dante and we both stopped off at a tea house as I needed to warm up again after getting out of the bath and feeling a little cold in the wet clothes.

"Are you sure you're okay with me sitting for John?" I inquired.

"Yes, as long as he doesn't drown you" He said putting his finger under my chin and tipping it up to look at him and so he could kiss me.

"He wont" I replied trying to reassure him, once we finished there we decided to head back to Dante's studio where he began to sketch me, while he did that I was reading but I was surprised when Dante lowered the book and took me by my hand and led me to the other side of the studio where a very big canvas was covered with a cloth, so he pulled the cloth off and revealed the picture it was a painting of Dante and I, with my Friesian horse in the middle of us both.

"Oh my, wow! Its beautiful!" I exclaimed.

"Who painted it?" I inquired.

"John" He answered. "I did some sketches, gave them to him and he then painted this for us" He explained.

"Wow, I will have to thank him when I sit for him again, so he can finish Ophelia" I told him.

"Okay" He nodded kissing the top of my head. We then sat on the bed admiring it but Dante had other plans which meant him trying to distract me and I gave in as I needed some time alone with him, as I had been laying in a bath all day. Two days later and I was back with John as he carried on his painting, but he seemed a bit distracted as he wasn't talking to me as much as he used to and I could feel the temperature of the water getting colder and colder as the candles must've burn out, I began shivering and I soon felt my body slip under the water, I let out the last of my breath as my face was the last thing to be covered, it was almost like I was frozen and my lungs didn't work but I just kept swallowing water there was nothing I could do, the water just engulfed my whole being as if I was lost to it, as if it took me for its own.

It was almost as if though I was Ophelia it felt like I had taken her place, then the darkness took over.

Please vote and comment