Chapter Thirty Three

go join the facebook group for The Highlander: https://www.facebook.com/groups/465440853624062/

Go like me facebook author page please!@:https://www.facebook.com/samanthacbirch

links below in comments!

Rosaline

I woke up in Finn's arms.

The embrace was tight, desperate almost as if Finn was afraid that if he let me go I would slip away forever.

His strong arms were snaked around my body, trapping me against his chest. My arms were strewn across his body, my head resting against his chest using my own hair a pillow. My fingers were tracing spirals and swirls over his torso, my fingertips dancing gently over his body.

Light seeped through the thin tent walls, and cold gusts of wind billowed through the tent opening, sending it flapping every now and then. Thick furs were wrapped around mine and Finn's naked bodies, which were still slick with sweat from last nights, and early this morning's, activities.

I had a moment were embarrassment flushed my cheeks after we finished making love, wondering what the warriors sleeping feet away from us thought and heard (though part of me knew they heard everything). But I soon pushed past the embarrassment, knowing they probably didn't care, and as my mother used to tell me, I shouldn't care about what others think of me. A go-to quote for all mothers when reassuring their children.

"I know you are awake Finn," I whispered against his ear, biting my lip, "I felt your breathing change under my fingers."

Finn chuckled, opening one eye as if testing the waters before fully opening them both. Thinking about it now, I decided his eyes were my favourite part of him. They were a mixture of grey and blue and resembled a sky returning from a dark storm to its perfect portrait of cobalt hues.

Like a fiery anger and calm, loving nature balanced in one person.

Finn's hand rose from were it rested on my hip and a single finger gently fell down my nose, leaving a small tickle in its wake. It jumped from the tip to my cheek, his thumb also rubbing against my skin tenderly. Closing my eyes, I let Finn's fingers wander over my features and I felt a soft touch against my lips. Finn's finger traced their outline gently, separating my bottom lip from the top.

Then I felt his lips gently press against my own, replacing his wandering finger. His hand wrapped around my neck, caressing my head delicately as he pushed our mouths closer together. As his tongue ran across my bottom lip and I granted him access, his hand wrapped around my waist, pulling me from beside him to under him. He pressed his hips against mine and I moaned his name aloud, gently swaying my hips under his, the friction sending tingles of pleasure across my body.

"Laird? Rose?" Graham's thundering feet and curious tone tore my eyes open and I leant my head back to see him ducking him tall frame into our tent.

I let out a squeal of surprise and pushed my naked body against Finn's hoping to hide anything that might have been on show. My naked breasts were squished against Finn's and his body pushed mine into the ground, shielding me from Graham's gaze. Not that he was purposely looking anywhere. He was sweet, despite his fatal flaw: interrupting at all the wrong moments.

My mind cast back to the passionate embrace pressed up against a tree where Graham had also interrupted Finn and me.

"Sorry Rose!" Graham apologised swiftly and turned so his back was to us and despite how fast he seemed to move, I caught a glimpse of a cheeky smile plastered on his face.

"What do ye want Graham?" Finn seemed to growl at his friend, obviously angered by the interruption. I could tell he was enjoying our embrace. In fact I could feel how much he took pleasure in kissing me.