Old Feelings

~~ HARRY P.O.V. ~~

"So about last night," I say as Rose goes directly to the kitchen. From the way she was pacing I could tell she wasn't happy with me, I messed up and now I got to fix it.

I follow behind her, slowly, thinking about everything that happened last night. I should probably feel bad because it looks like I took advantage of her but I didn't. I do miss what Rosalie and I had, we were so strong, last night was something I didn't even plan on. Besides, she hasn't slapped me yet for last night, which is a good sign. "It's in the third drawer not second," I informed her, amused. She has always mixed up the two drawers for some odd reason.

"I knew that," she says as she closes the drawer aggressively. I chuckle silently without her noticing.

"How have you been?" I ask politely as I leaned onto the island in my kitchen. The tension in the air was greatly awkward, I didn't know what to say, I was so nervous.

"Good." She mumbles before taking the pills to calm her hangover. Rosalie has always taken my breath away, even now. I could feel my palms getting sweaty as I try to act serene.

"Any new boyfriends?" I ask making me feel bitter about asking, all I was doing was trying to break the ice between us. Somehow we had a fallout, since then everything that involves us felt stiff. Flashbacks of memories flood my mind, which makes me miss her more and more each day.

When I asked her my question she chokes on water, not expecting what I've just asked. Rosalie starts coughing uncontrollably, making me embarrassed for asking.

"It's none of your business," she replies. "What's with all the questions? I only came here to know what happened last night so I can go home in peace." I can tell Rosalie was trying to pretend she was okay but something tells me she's feeling insecure.

"You know what happened, why are you asking?" I try to escape from the subject as I grab a cup from a cupboard and drink some fresh water. This is the problem with us, we both try to avoid certain questions and situations we both don't feel comfortable with. What happened last night was a misunderstanding for the two of us.

"Don't play the dumb card with me Styles," her words are bitter, Rosalie sounds exhausted. I stand closer to her side, looking for a piece of us still left.

"What? It's true, you know what happened," I insisted. "You were drunk out of your mind. I took you to the hotel for safety, you begged me to stay. Being the nice guy that I am, I stayed until you fell asleep but that wasn't the case. When I sat down at the edge of the bed you came onto me and started kissing me." I confess, telling truths about last night, my words coming out faster then usual.

"I kissed you?" She says in disbelief. I didn't want to admit that I was pleased she kissed me, I longed for her kisses since she left me. I shouldn't have done that knowing she was drunk but I couldn't resist.

"Yeah Rosalie, you did." I replied quietly turning to her, "What are you trying to say?"

"Nothing actually, nothing at all." This whole mess is stressing her out; I could always tell when she was feeling doubtful.

"Oh, don't you play the dumb card now, Rosalie," I hiss in anger. "Do you think that I... That I would hurt you that way?"

Rosalie looks frightened, I immediately regret raising my voice in anger. I knew she didn't like getting yelled at and I should've known better. In this moment I feel like a jerk, an asshole.

"No, I mean. Well..." Rosalie replies quietly and doubtfully.

"I would never hurt you Rosalie, I would never abuse you in anyway. That's what I'm trying to say and after everything we have been through? I know better than that." I try to defend myself; I was shocked to know that for some odd reason Rosalie thinks the worse of me.

"Look I'm sorry, Harry. I didn't mean it like that. You're a good guy," she tries to apologize and I can tell that she's being sincere.

I shake my head sideways and turn, with my back to her, as I place my hands on the countertop and let my eyes stare at the black polished granite.

"I... I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry Rosalie. I missed... I miss you, us, so much." I confess smiling bitterly to no one. "When you kissed me, it triggered all my feelings for you that haven't yet disappeared. I'm not putting the fault on you, it's mine but," I sigh straightening up and turning to her once again. "I'm tired of fighting, I just want to fix what we had," I give her a small smile. "I think it's better if we go rest for a bit and get our thoughts together. I'll take you up to the guest room."

We both agreed to take a moment to settle ourselves. We walked out the kitchen and made our way upstairs and I lead her to the guest room. "All the clothes you didn't take with you, when we split are still in the closet." I opened the door for her and she walks in. As I was about to close the door, she suddenly spoke my name.

"Harry."

"Yeah?" I turn to her and she's looking downcast.

"Thank you," she whispers, I nodded my head and close the door without a reply.

Sighing, I walk to my bedroom and as soon as I step into the room memories assault my mind. Both the bad and good times, as always, I focus on the good ones.

I throw myself to the bed and lazily take off my shoes with my feet. I manage to quickly undress my jeans and shirt without moving too much. Lying under the sheet and fluffy duvet; I take off my watch.

Lying on my side I take a deep breath, looking out of the massive window to the beautiful landscape of California. Being here always relaxes me; I felt my worries just leaving my body. I try to come up with ways to give back or make it up to Rosie; I used to always call her my Rosie.

I start to fall asleep with my eyes progressively closing as I admire one of the pictures on my nightstand.

It was a picture of Rosalie and I, on vacation.

** This chapter was written by XOnlyADreamerx on wattpad **