Chapter 52: All The Small Things

Remember, this is the 3rd to last chapter! Comment your predictions for the end of the story!

"Happy Birthday babe." I whispered in Louis ear as soon as I woke up on the morning of Christmas Eve. The ends of his mouth turned up and formed a small smile; a soft, sleepy groan escaping. Obviously he was still half asleep. I checked the clock and saw that it was already nine, meaning we had only one hour until we needed to be on the road to Doncaster.

"Louis, get your ass out of bed, your mother is expecting us in four hours and we need to get going!" I grabbed my pillow and hit him in the face. I know it was harsh for his birthday, but we really couldn't be late. He slowly sat up after that, rubbing his eyes and fixing his messy bed head.

"You're mean in the morning,” he groaned.

"Only when the birthday boy won't get his butt moving." I smirked.

"Fine, fine. I'm going." he slowly got up with his hands up, making me laugh. He did that all the way to the bathroom door and once he was close enough to the door, I got up and ran over to him.

"Happy birthday loser." I grabbed his hands and pulled them down; he set them on my waist.

"Thanks love. Care to give me the best present ever?" he smiled.

"And what would that be?" I said, confused.

"Just follow me." he let go of me and backed up into the bathroom.

"Oh no Tomlinson. I'll get you anything else, but that. Sorry, maybe next year." I smirked, but felt my stomach drop when I realized there might not be a next year. Louis obviously wasn't thinking so glass-half-empty like I was as he walked further into the bathroom, laughing. I put on a smile and closed the door, instantly dropping my cheekbones when I let go of the handle. I sighed and walked over to my suitcase of which I had packed up last night, a duffle bag full of gifts sitting next to it. I did a last minute check to make sure everything was there and once I was sure it was, I got up and walked over to the closet to find something comfortable to wear during the long car ride. I picked out my famously adored Adidas soccer pants and a matching white Adidas hoodie. I slipped them on and put a little makeup on my face. Thanks to many different oil treatments, my hair was finally reaching right above my shoulders. Surprisingly, it was a lot softer, shinier, and blonder than before, and I didn't really mind it anymore. Too bad it had to happen at the same time as such an unfortunate event as death. No, Ashley, stop it. You're not going to die. Yeah, I'm trying to do this thing where I convince myself that I'll be okay. But honestly, it's quite hard.

I went downstairs and decided to a cup of Yorkshire tea for Louis and some coffee for me. Once Louis made me try his disgusting tea and I swear I almost threw up on him. What can I say? I grew up in America, meaning the only kind of tea I had was green or iced. Not. My. Fault. Plus that stuff is nasty, Louis must have weird taste buds or something cause I really don't understand how someone could like that stuff. I had finished making my coffee and was drinking it while working on Louis' tea. It was almost done when he finally joined me in the kitchen, fully dressed. I turned and handed him his tea, resulting in a big smile and a very happy twenty two year old.

"Thank you love." he said after taking a sip and sitting down on one of the barstools at the end of the counter. Seconds later, a sleepy Harry came down and sat next to Louis.

"Bo, get me some coffee." he groaned.

"Rough night?" I asked, smiling. Harry had decided to go out last night to his friend's club opening and obviously he was feeling the wrath now. He slowly nodded.