Chapter Forty-One ۞ Zevlin Versus Genevieve

It would be the twins fighting, finally. After the eventful second day of the festival, the finale was up. The Twelve had taken their seats and the audience were in place. The arena was filled up to the brim with curious and excited spectators. Although the restoration was not complete, majority of the biggest damages were fixed.

Keelan and Brindon had insisted on coming to see the fight so they were present and occupied the chairs reserved for them. The eleventh was munching on a sandwich with his good arm as the other had a cast while Brindon was looking forward, frozen. His poker-face made it worse. He looked comical, almost like a statue.

Well, he could not move, after all. Not without hurting himself.

"Genevieve and Zevlin are up, finally. I hope everything goes alright between the two of them." Aneeka said, her purplish-blue eyes riddled with worry and uncertainty.

"They've already resolved their issues." Elfre said. "So there's really nothing to fear."

"But being siblings may prove to be an obstacle to see a genuine fight. Zevlin will undoubtedly hold back because he is not one to hurt his younger sister." Rowe said. "It might end up one-sided."

"There's not a more dangerous kind of battle than a one-sided one." Raziel quipped. "So has everyone's day been beautiful?"

They all scowled at him at the mere mention of a beautiful day when it had been nothing but working on boring matters. Tamara was the angriest so far, but her mouth was unusually sewn shut. Even so, her glower was fierce and her face was was wrinkled with the emotion. Corvan quirked a brow at her rare behavior when he noticed, but everyone else had been too vexed to do the same. They did notice something missing. After Raziel's statement, it was quiet.

"I'm getting a feeling something's not quite right." Valeriana trailed off, tapping her chin as she racked her brain. "Something's off."

"I can't help feeling that way too." Aneeka said.

"I know!" Keelan exclaimed. "Tamara should be saying something like, 'You call this day beautiful?' by now."

With that matter called attention to, they all looked to the person being described with questioning stares, causing her to cross her arms and proudly lift her chin with a huff. Still, she did not talk. The unusuality made them all raise their brows. The third was usually loud and boisterous. What bid her to keep quiet now? Of all times?

"I am guessing . . ." Charles began. "You no longer have any voice?"

"Ooohh!" Valeriana snapped her fingers as the realization dawned on her. "I see now. That makes sense."

"No." Tamara croaked out. Her voice was hoarse, barely even heard.

They started laughing at her misery, as much as she did when the others were in various dilemmas. As they said, do not do unto others what you do not want done unto you. As of now, she looked beyond irked like she could punch everyone in the Twelve and bury them six feet under. Charles and Corvan were smirking. Rowe was laughing lightly. The rest were loud and nerve-grating. Brindon was . . . well, as usual, Brindon. Need his reaction be described?

"I know what we have to do now when she won't stop! Let her talk all day and she won't speak the next!" Elfre exclaimed.

"You people." Tamara seethed, her voice failing her.

"Haha." The twelfth-ranker robotically added, making them laugh harder.

"You should recover in time for tomorrow." The fourth told her.

She answered with a glare.

"May I have a moment of silence?" The announcer called out, his voice all too familiar that the Twelve's attention recognized him the moment his first word was spoken.