Ch 1: Welcome to Sugar Sugar!

A/N: Hiii and welcome to my newest story! and I am suuuper happy to say my female lead is has even MORE screws lose than most of my other characters...well maybe not Indigo.

Indigo is fucking weird.

ANYWAYS! are you ready for some sugar filled crazy ass magic stuffed mystery (maybe mystery)  romance?!

of course you are you readers you. 

Lolas car above!

~~

Lola POV:

Last year my grandfather suddenly passed away and miraculously the entire inheritance disregarded everyone else in my family and left everything to me.

The house.

The old Cadillac .

His entire life savings.

And of course Sugar Sugar! the only sweets shop around that sold everything from hand-spun cotton candy to wedding cakes. It was the only place I always felt at home, he had taught me everything he knew and when I heard he left it to me I was honored. I didn't need the money or the house but the shop..the fact that grandpa left me his most beloved possession, the shop he had started with grandma when they had gotten married, the shop he struggled to keep afloat when grandma had died, was startling to me.

Of course my aunt and uncle who had adopted me after my mother died during childbirth and my father abandoned me when I was three, were less than happy.

Once they realized that since I was 18 and they couldn't touch a cent or sell the shop, they tossed me out and I was in a sudden need for gramps's old house.

I dropped out of high school, I was going to work with grandpa in the shop when I graduated anyways and now that I was the owner I didn't see a point of staying in school. 

I just wanted to spend my life surrounded by chocolate hearts and gumdrop castles. 

So every morning when I woke at 4:30AM got in the happy candy yellow cadillac and drove to the shop I couldn't help the smile on my face. I always let out a breath when the custom key grandpa got me for my 10th birthday slid in the lock and the bell rang for the first time that day. 

Just as I did today.

~~

The bell to my grandfather's old shop rang and I looked up from my magazine, "Welcome to Sugar Suga- whoa what happened to your face?"

A dark haired man in worn black jeans spat on my perfectly polished cotton candy floor. "shut up and let me use the back room."

I shrugged, staring at the light purple tile he spat on, "Kay but was there really a need to spit on my floor? this is a candy shop you know. Can't have bloody spit in the chocolate."

If looks could kill I would be melted into a rainbow puddle.

He jumped behind the counter and stormed into the back room, "tell anyone here and I'll fucking kill you."

I snorted, "what are you going to do gag me with your lollipop?"

He froze in the doorway for a moment before slamming the door behind him.

What a fun guy.

I looked up at the bell ringing again, "Hello! welcome to Sugar Sugar my names Lola and I'll be happy to make any non sexual sweet dreams come true!"

I love when there are no kids in the store and I can ad-lib the greeting.

A group of crude looking men stared at me for a long moment, "have you seen a beaten up pretty boy around here?"

I pointed out the door, "pretty sure I saw him pass by, why?"

They left without answering my question and I shrugged, going back to my magazine, "Yo! pretty boy back there buy some candy will you? its the least you can do after I kept you from getting shot in the face!"

It was silent for a few moments and then the beaten up, 'I'll fucking kill you' pretty boy stepped out, "Where's the old man?"

I blinked at him, "old man?"

He sneered at me, "what are you? fucking stupid? Mr. Faye, your boss. his cars out front where is he?"

I blinked, floor spitter was a friend of grandpa? "he died two months ago...sorry floor spitter but if you want to see him the closest your getting is the cemetery. His is the one with the rainbow ribbons and the lollipops shoved in the ground..." I trailed off growing sad, his tombstone had looked so dreary and he always said he loved my taste as much as he loved candy so I made a point to spruce it up every time I visited.

He let out a long string of curses, "then why the fuck is his car here?!"

"..he left it to me."

"Why the fuck would he do that?"

I would point to my name tag but it was under a huge ribbon I was wearing so instead I brushed back a lock of my multicolored hair and frowned at him, "He was my gramps hoodie man."

He seemed to freeze taking this in stride. "You're Lola?"

oh good the freaky guys who stormed in knows who I am, "And you are?"

"A friend of your grandpas."

I rolled my eyes, "no really?! never would have guessed.  Are you going to buy something or not, your dripping blood on my floor. and take off the hood its creepy ruins the happy vibes in here."

Grumbling a bit he stormed up the counter ripped off the hood and slammed his hands on the glass before me.

...gonna have to clean off his fingerprints later because those dirty hands are so going to smudge the display case. 

"Did he tell you anything about me in his will?"

"uh no. no dirty men were mentioned, grandpa knew how much I hate dirt and gross things."

He practically growled, "Who owns the shop now?"

Still staring at his hands I rose one of my own.

"great just fucking great! look I'm staying here today."

"you going to buy something?"

"No."

I pointed to the door, "then get out."

He slammed his hands down again, "Look lady-"

"Lola. but the kids call me La-la, you can call me la-la its cute."

"Look Lola your grandfather and I had a deal and that included I stay here when I need to."

I sighed, "then buy something."

"Fine! What do you want?"

"why me? its your candy."

"Just tell me what the fuck you like to eat!"

"Candy."

He groaned, "you annoying little-"

"or you could just leave."

His hands balled into fists, "fine. Just give me whatever that is." he waved at part of display.

I smiled happily and plucked the chocolate up, wrapping in a box as custom, "that will be $4.50 sir."

He slammed the money by the register and grabbed the box as I held it out.

I grinned finally looking up at him, "thank you for your pur- whoa where do you buy your contacts?"

He glared at me, his oddly blue-purple eyes narrowing into light slits, "just shut up."

I did as he asked as he stormed into the back again.

Grabbing a mop I huffed, what a rude guy.

Should have made him clean the floor. I hate  mopping the floor.