Prologue

The chills raced up and down my spine as the cold forced little bumps to form against my skin. I was drenched to the bone but I just kept walking. It was painful to remember anything, it would only come in bits and pieces. I could remember my sisters and my father, I remembered Drake and what he did to hurt me. I remember a scrawny blonde and buff ravenette along with a guy who was green bean look a like and a pale woman with long, luscious black hair along with a brunette. But the thing that struck my memory the most and gave me a pulsing aching headache was dark, deep red eyes and how they pierced into me, as if seeing everything.

I leaned against the wall of the dirty alley way, holding my head in my hands. I felt my eyes burn as water began to weld up in my eyes. I was crying. Why was I crying?

"Look what we have here..." The voice was gruff and I was repulsed by the smell they carried with them.

I looked up, seeing Drake, his lip cut, nose crooked and purple, following a swollen eye. "Dwrack?" My voice was gritty and rough and a burning feeling stayed in my throat after I spoke.

He didn't answer, only making his way towards me. He fisted my hair, forcing me to meet his eyes. My heart clenched in my chest as my knees wobbled, the look in his eye wasn't sane and that scared me beyond belief. "Why'd you leave, Bloss?"

I couldn't answer, my throat felt like it was filled with hot ashes and I just wanted to sleep.

My silence seemed to anger him even more as he growled and his hold on my hair tightened painfully before he slammed my head against the bricks behind me. "Just decided you were to good for us, did you?!" He screamed, his rancid breath fanning my face.

My head pounded harshly and the hit forced nausea to hit me full force as the world spun around me. I couldn't hold back as the bile raced up my throat and I hurled forward, letting whatever rested in my stomach cover Drake, myself and the floor. I could hear him screech and start to yell at me as he threw me to the ground but I couldn't comprehend any of it. I had become numb which kept me from feeling the pain of the cement. At last second I could see his foot swing back before coming towards me. I scrunched together, as best as I could waiting for the hit but it never came. I could hear groans of pain and things hitting against other things.

"You alright, kid?" A voice asked, this time it was velvety and whoever it was smelt nice.

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing the brunette from my memory, smiling down at me, "Aaron..."