Chapter Two

Lia

Well this was definitely NOT how I planned to die, but of course I had no one to blame but my impulsive self.

It doesn't have to be this way! Come on Lia, make a break for it! Mom and Dad will understand....in heaven.

Damn it, my subconscious was trying to guilt me out of saving my ass but I overrode it and quickly turn on my heel, unfortunately too fast for four inch stilettos; as I soon found my face becoming very well acquainted with my mother's plush beige carpet. I loved this carpet growing up because it cushioned my falls and didn't leave rug burn, but right now? Not so much.

Ach! Foiled again!

Before I could continue my train of thought, I was hoisted up into the obscenely muscled arms of hulk #4, who had been standing by the sexy specimen of evil that ordered him to capture me.

I huffed in annoyance, making sure to give each and every one of them a taste of my world renowned glare.

"Now Mr. Costa, where were we?" Mr. Yum asked nonchalantly.

I cut my Dad off before he could speak.

"Uh hello? Mr Sexy?" I called out to him, once again employing my famous speak before thinking tactic, "No not you hulk #3. Yes, yes..you! New comer here just trying to get up to speed, what in the world is going on?!" I asked, ending on a near hysterical screech.

Once again everyone was struck silent by what was either stupid bravery or pure insanity on my part. It was clear now that since my feet were out of commission, my carelessly frank lips had taken command.

"Excuse me?" Sexy pants asked, turning to address me directly for the first time since I arrived on the scene.

I was at a loss for words and zoned out as I came face to face with the beautiful man that was clearly in charge of this whole operation.

Aaaah! He's delectable! Mmmmm, what I wouldn't give to-

"I am fast losing patience girl! Who are you?!" Sexy man snapped in irritation, effectively pulling me from my almost-fantasy.

It was clear I was frustrating him, my glowing personality tended to have that overwhelming effect on the unsuspecting. Wait did he just? No, he did not!

"Now you listen here buster! I am not a girl! You are looking at 100% thug right now and I will have you know that I-" I started ranting before being cut off.

"Ohhh dear lord, Lia! Please stop yakking so you at least stand a chance of leaving here alive!" My father yelled in exasperation, momentarily driven to forget his own predicament by the need to protect me from myself.

I squeaked, yes squeaked! Like a bitch slapped mouse, and clapped my mouth shut as the severity of the situation finally registered in my mind.

"Will someone please tell me who this gi- woman is!?" Sexy man gritted out between clenched teeth, pinching the bridge of his impeccably straight nose in frustration, a clear attempt to regain composure as well as control of the situation.

I took this opportunity to more thoroughly scrutinize the criminally handsome man at whose mercy my family and I were currently being held. Let me just say he was every handsome cliche I'd ever seen or read about. Tall ( towering over my massive 5'5" frame), his perfectly toned body was muscular and lean (in an I-go-to-the-gym-and-sweat-for-fun kinda way), he was tanned (his skin practically glowed like your hand would come away with bits of sunshine if you touched him), he had thick, glossy dark brown hair that fell in perfect waves covering his beautiful head and his piercing deep blue eyes were the kind you'd dive into fully expecting to drown.

I was pulled from my reverie by the sound of my father's defeated voice as he reluctantly introduced me to the beautifully sculpted villain.

"Don Giordano, this is my daughter, Amelia."