Chapter 9 - New Camera

Luke had gotten me a new camera, a better one than I had. I pulled the camera in the box out, and underneath it was more tissue paper. I pulled that out, and underneath was a new tripod. I turned around to Luke and gave him the biggest hug. This time, I added a kiss on the cheek.

"I love it!!" I exclaimed.

"I didn't want you to have to film with your phone anymore," he pointed to my phone.

"Thank you.." I smiled.

"You're welcome," he smiled back, "now let's get our stuff and get to homeroom."

On the way to homeroom, I looked at Luke, thinking about how he got this stuff into my locker and when he did it.

"Luke.."

"Yeah El?"

"How'd you get the bag into my locker? And when did you do it?"

"I bought the stuff last night when I wasn't at the house, remember? I came here afterwards. My uncle Rick is a janitor here, and he got me into your locker."

He had done that just for me. I smiled, "thank you so much, Luke." When I'm with him, I totally forget everything else that is going on in my life at the moment.

------

Later, in Chemistry, we had free time since everyone had finished their test and the teacher didn't have anything else planned. We were allowed to talk for most of the period. Luke was talking to Calum, so I walked over to my friend Aurora.

"Hey Aurora," I smiled at her.

"Hey Eleanor. I heard what happened. Are you alright?"  She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Mostly because of what happened today, though."

"What happened?"

"Wait.. Did you see the video I uploaded last night?"

"Yes. I did.."

"And you heard me saying about my camera being broken?"

"Yeah."

"Well, my tripod was broken too. But Luke got me a new camera and a new tripod. They look better than the ones I had. I'm so excited," I got excited over a new camera. It's a YouTuber thing.

"That's awesome!"

"And he asked me out before that.."

"Oh my god, Eleanor! That's great! I've always wanted you two to be together."

"I was the same way with you and Calum. Now you're together!"

"Over six months now!"

"Wow. It's been that long?"

"Yeah. Did Luke tell you about the band?"

"What about the band?"

"I'll let him tell you.." She walked over to Calum who was now talking to another guy in our class. I made my way over to Luke and asked him about the band.

"Hey Luke.." I grabbed his hand.

"Hey El. What's up?"

"Aurora just asked me if you told me about the band. What's going on with the band?"

"Well, One Direction invited us to go on tour with us starting next February."

"Oh. Are you excited?"

"Yeah, I am.. But management said you won't be able to come. Neither can Aurora."

"Oh. Well, this morning I got a text from Ricky saying that I had been invited to Playlist Live next year, and I was invited to Digifest and Vidcon."

"That's great, El! They're in America, right?"

"Yeah. And I'll meet all of my friends."

"That'll be really fun! Now you won't have to be home when I'm not there," he smiled.

"Yeah, and I will be away when you're away, so we don't have to be away at different times."

"That'll be a lot better than having them at different times. One of us would be here and the other wouldn't, then vice versa later."

"Yeah. I know you'll have fun on tour with the boys and One Direction."

"I bet you'll have fun on your tours with your friends," he hugged me and kissed my forehead.

~

Did anyone notice my reference to my Calum fanfic: Heartbreak Girl? It was pretty obvious if you've read it. Haha