Chapter 23

I stretched my arms high above my head, feeling that wonderful pull on my muscles. Sunlight was lazily drifting in through the window while the curtains blew in the soft breeze. We had to open the window last night because things got just a little too hot in here.

If you know what I'm saying.

I looked down towards my waist and found Marco's muscular arm wrapped around me,pulling my body into his. Gently I rolled over, the front of my body now pressed against the front of his, and smiled happily at the man sleeping before me. He looked so vulnerable, his face completely placid. It was so rare to see him like this, usually he was on high alert twenty-four hours a day seven days a week. But not when he was sleeping.

When he was asleep, it was almost like he was a normal guy and I didn't have to worry about him dying. But as those beautiful dark gems opened and he took in his surroundings, I was reminded all too quickly that he wasn't a normal guy. He was my bodyguard and he was going to die.

I sure knew how to pick em, eh?

"Good morning."Marco mumbled as he closed his eyes again, concluding that the room was safe. He snuggled back into me, the heat from his body seeping into my own skin. His breaths were steady, calm. I'd never be able to guess that he was an insane, fighting machine if I didn't know him personally. Which after last night, I definitely did.

Letting out a soft sigh, I let my head fall back against the pillows, "Good morning."

The tiniest of smirks appeared on his mouth and soon after he spoke without opening his eyes, "Your breath stinks."

I narrowed my eyes at him before blowing out a long breath right into his face. I saw him scrunch up his nose, his eyes snapping open to meet mine. The next thing I knew, I was laying flat of my back with my arms pinned above my head while Marco sat over me. Holding me down.

"Now, princess,where on earth did you learn those manners?" He chuckled lightly, his eyes drinking in my appearance.

My appearance which consisted of my black lace bra and underwear. Sorry to burst all of your bubbles but yes, I was still wearing undergarments just as Marco was still in his boxers. Because no, we didn't have sex last night. Trust me, I had wanted to. But Marco told me we had to wait until I wasn't intoxicated before we went that far.

However, we managed to keep ourselves busy by doing practically everything else.

All night long.

"I learned them from this really arrogant ass hat who seems to think that manners don't apply to him." I retorted, struggling against his unbreakable grip.

He chuckled in amusement at my failing endeavors but didn't let go, "Stop squirming, we both know you like it down there."

As he spoke, he began to lean down, probably with the intention of kissing me. And I definitely wanted to kiss him too. But after his little comment about my breath, I had other plans in mind. So when he got close enough...

... I leaned up and bit his nose.

He jerked back in surprise but I found myself laughing as he crossed his eyes to stare at his nose. Then he looked back at me and narrowed his eyes playfully, "That wasn't very nice. I'm afraid that's going to cost you, princess."

"I doubt it."I snickered in his face, finally ceasing my pointless attempts at escaping.

Marco chuckled before lowering himself onto me, his body squishing mine into the sheets beneath me. But jeez, it felt amazing and I was suddenly in the mood to rekindle everything we had done the night before. Marco'slips dropped down to my skin, kissing where my neck met my collarbone.