Chapter 5

Stiles POV

I was practically skipping around the halls the rest of the week. Derek just makes me so happy. Every morning this week he has sent me a 'good morning' text and every night he calls me before I go to sleep.

"Stiles." Scott said coming up to me at my locker.

"Happy Friday." I smiled.

"Not really. Anyway, Derek texted me. Something about a 'pack meeting' I guess I have to go. You are too." He said.

"Okay." I smiled to myself grabbing the paper in Scott's hand. "You should probably study more." I said looking at his barely passing grade.

"Can you not?" He groaned.

"Sorry..." I replied following him out to my Jeep.

---

We got to Derek's after a long drive. Well, it felt long. Probably because I really wanted to see him. I want him to ask me out again. I know I could ask him but I just...can't. I get way to nervous and panic attacks aren't cute. 

I climbed out of my Jeep and nearly ran to the front door knocking obnoxiously. Derek swung the door open moments later, scowl plastered on his face.

"Hi." I said. He moved letting Scott and I in.

Derek introduced us to the rest of his pack which, shockingly, consisted of people I knew.

Isaac Lahey was seated on the left end of Derek's couch. Jackson (who gave me a dirty look) was next to Isaac. Lydia was here. That really confused me but she told me Jackson made her come and she was just as confused as I was when I found out about the whole "werewolves being real" thing. Peter, Derek's creepy Uncle, was leaning against the wall on the far end of the room. Ethan and Aiden were seated next to each other on the floor making it even more difficult for me to tell the two apart. Erica Reyes was sitting next to Boyd coma Vernon. I've never heard anyone call him by his first name. Scott took a seat on the floor in front of Isaac and I chose to stand over by Derek who didn't even acknowledge I was there.

I didn't even know what this 'pack meeting' was about. I completely tuned the whole thing out. Why was Derek giving me the cold shoulder? What did I do? I spoke to him earlier. He knew I was coming. Hell, he's the one that told Scott to tell me I was coming as if I didn't have a choice. I tried not to look upset throughout the meeting because then Scott would notice and he would ask questions in which I can't answer. 

I didn't even realize the meeting was over until Scott grabbed my keys from my pocket.

"Come on, Stiles." He grumbled walking outside.

The rest of the people who had occupied a space in the room before were gone, all except Derek who was still next to me. I pushed my self off the wall starting to walk away. Derek grabbed my wrist spinning me around.

"You look stunning." He said softly making me blush.

"Wow, you can actually speak to me now?" I questioned.

"I didn't think you wanted me flirting with you in front of all your friends." He replied. I bit my lip looking down. "Come over tomorrow night." Derek said lifting my chin.

I smiled, "Okay." He placed a light kiss on my lips smiling into it.

"Call me when you get a chance tonight, okay?" Derek said.

"Okay." I replied, pecking his lips once more. 

---

I spent hours on the phone with Derek that night. I'm not sure when the conversation ended. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep during it, the fact that my phone is dead helps that theory. I plugged it in hoping it would fully charge between now and when I got out of the shower.

I double shampooed. I got soap in my eye. But I'm clean.

Getting out of the shower I called Scott asking him to cover for me tonight. He agreed demanding details about "my secret lover" on Monday morning. I agreed. Details don't mean I have to tell him everything. 

I got a text while I was getting dressed. I smiled seeing Derek's name pop up.

From: Derbear
G

oodmorning Gorgeous. Do you know when you're coming over? I have to run to the store soon.

To: Derbear
Getting ready now Der. Did you want me to wait until you got back?

From: Derbear
I want you to come with me kid.

To: Derbear
I'll be there soon then, old man.

It didn't take long for me to pack my stuff in get in the car. I headed toward Derek's and was definitely not speeding. 

My dad would kill me.

I pulled into the dirt driveway grabbing my bag from the back and trotted up his porch steps. He opened the door before I got a chance to knock and smiled at me.

That smile. Oh god his smile is just absolutely perfect.

I wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him. "You look as cute as ever." Derek said to me.

"You don't look too bad either." I laughed. He took my bag from me taking it up to his room. 

"So uh...what do you want for dinner?" Derek asked as he pulled on his leather jacket.

"I don't know. I haven't eaten today. My minds still on breakfast." I started. "LET'S DO BREAKFAST FOR DINNER!" I shouted.

Derek laughed, "What kind of breakfast?" He grabbed my hand leading me outside.

"What about...eggs and french toast and bacon and-" Derek stopped me.

"How about you limit that just a tad." He chuckled.

"Fine. I want French Toast. And bacon. You can't say no to bacon." I said.

He pecked my lips, "Okay." He smiled before opening the car door for me. I felt a smile creep onto my face.

"Thanks."

---

We went to the store in town and I was afraid I'd run into someone we knew. I didn't want to tell anyone until we were official. Although, sleeping over at his house is pretty official to me. I just don't want to ruin anything before it's actually something.

I pushed the cart next to Derek as he grabbed whatever he needed. He had a little list that he was checking things off of. It's kind of cute.

"Stiles!" I heard a high pitched squeal from behind me. Turning around I came face to face with the strawberry blonde I know and love.

"Lydia." I replied. She gave me a hug and I swear I heard Derek growl.

"Why are you here with Derek? Not to sound mean or anything." She said giving a small smile toward Derek who didn't bother returning it.

"Um, I uh.." I started.

"We bumped into each other and stopped to talk. Is that a problem?" Derek said angrily, the way he spoke to everyone except me.

"No, sorry." She said. "Well I should go find my mom. See you later." She said walking off. As soon as she was out of sight I kissed the older male next to me.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

He hummed wrapping an arm around me as I pushed the cart toward the bread.

The fact that Derek Hale actually likes me, he wants to be seen with me...it's just...it's a great feeling. And maybe I should tell my friends. I mean, I can't hide it forever. They're part of his pack. They can probably smell him on me and me on him. That's something they do right? They can smell really well so I'd imagine. 

"Stop thinking." Derek said wrapping his arms around me from behind.

I laughed, "Sorry." He let go intertwining our fingers together. I squeezed his hand. I shouldn't care who see's us together. Derek makes me happy and that's something I haven't been for a long time now. I don't want to lose him.