Chapter Twelve: Loved And Cherished

"So...," Jasper began but paused just looking at me.

"So what?" I asked with a smirk.

"I think there's more questions to be asked." He replied. I raised a brow and he continued. "More personal questions."

"Alright, ask me." I shrugged my shoulder. He scooted closer, the heat of his body engulfing me.

"Who was your first kiss?"

"Jeremy Gold in the fourth grade, I thought I had cooties after. You?"

"Sandra Cooper in the second grade, she and I ended playing doctor and kept doing that until after we got into high school."

"Oh really? So she was your bed buddy, huh?"

"If you want to call her that." He shrugged. "How deep was your relationship with Harper?"

"Ask the real question you want to know." I smirked. I knew that wasn't what he wanted to know.

"Alright, did you and he have sex?"

"Did you and Bethany?" I countered.

"You know we did." He replied, not trying to hide anything. "Did you?"

"As much as I'd like to say yes, we didn't. That was one of the things that broke us up. I wasn't ready for sex in that relationship and he was used to having sex so we couldn't agree on that part of our relationship. We were better friends than a couple." I shrugged.

"You made sure to say 'in that relationship', so should I not assume you're a virgin?"

"I'm a virgin. I mean, I've messed around with a couple of guys but I didn't want the attachment that sex would bring. So yes, I'm a virgin. No, Harper and I never had sex. And no, I'm not a sexual idiot, I have had some experiences I've just never allowed it to go too far." I clarified.

"Hm, I think I can live with that. I'm not going to lie, though, if you had said you had slept with that Harper guy I would probably have burst a blood vessel. I know it's stupid to be jealous, considering I'm not innocent, but it's just hard for me to think of you with somebody else." He said softly, taking my hand in his free one, his other arm still behind me on the back of the booth. "Who was your biggest crush?"

"Believe it or not, you were. I used to love spending time with you and my brothers. Everything you did was perfect in my eyes. I used to dream about you." I blushed, looking down.

"You know," he whispered. "You were mine, too. I never saw you the way the other guys did. Where the other guys saw just another of their friends' little sister I saw a beautiful young woman with maturity surpassing even us. I would get excited whenever your brothers told us you were coming along. When you walked up, my heart would skip a beat...., it still does." He leaned forward and I met him halfway.

I felt his lips press to mine and released his hand the press my fingertips against his chin, just resting the there. His hand, now free, gripped my thigh, sending a shot of heat into my crotch and causing me to clench my thighs together. He deepened the kiss and our tongues began to dance against one another. I felt a groan vibrate his chest and his hand slid up my thigh.

"I can't believe you had the nerve to bring her here." A shrill voice came, breaking us apart. Bethany stood, glaring at us, dressed in casual clothes. I figured somebody had to have called her and I had a pretty good idea who would do something like that just to ruin the date. Maria. If she can't have him then she won't let anybody.

"Bethany, keep your voice down. We're trying to enjoy our date so if you could leave without a scene that would be great." Jasper said softly but deadly. She scowled at him, crossing her arms.