Chapter#15

Mahnoor's POV:

I stared at him in disbelief.

"See... that's why I didn't tell you." Yawar rolled his eyes.

"You-you're third in command? You are that Yawar. Yawar the Cave Eagle?"

"Yes." He shrugged.

"I don't believe you... I mean, you're so young how you can be..."

"So cruel?" He completed my sentence.

I opened my mouth to say something but Moosa beat me to it.

"I called you for training. What are you doing here?" His gruff voice made me jump a little.

"I was coming but when I saw her crying, I changed my plan." He said happily and Moosa shot me a glare.

"Don't scare her MB, please." He said coming between us.

MB...?

Mega...Byte???

I must have said that out loud because next moment Yawar burst out laughing.

"M-Mega Bite?" He said between his laugh making me embarrassed.

I stole a glance at Moosa who was also smiling.

"Uff!... MB is short for Moosa Bhai... Moosa Bhai is kind of long and old fashion so I took the initials." He said sliding his hands in his pocket.

"You're his brother?" I blurted.

"Aaa... biologically nope bu-"

"Save your chatting for later. I want you downstairs in two minutes." Moosa said and left.

He doesn't want me to know of their relation.

"So, are you coming? We can have tea together after practice." Yawar asked excitedly.

"No thanks. I better go back."

"Ah... right... You would prefer to have tea alone with MB." He said thoughtfully.

"No!" I exclaimed.

"Then? Why are you refusing to come with me?"

"I don't want to go in the presence of others."

Since I came here, I lost all the confidence to confront others... I feel disgusted with myself.

"Oh come on! Everyone knows you here... and they really respect you."

"Respect me? As? Moosa's toy?" I snapped.

"That's harsh... no one thinks like that about you and our men respect you because they have been keeping eye on you for a long time... It's your character that made them respect you, not MB's influence. Have a little faith in us... we may be criminals and not the ideal people but we have eyes and we can also differentiate between good and bad people."

Yeah right...

I really wanted to argue with him but I kept my mouth shut.

"Anyways, let's go before he comes back and drags me out."

He led me to the house's backyard. This area was a basketball ground and also a... shooting area. I guess because it was very similar to the practising fields I have seen in action movies. I thank Allah that there weren't many people here besides three on-duty guards and Moosa. But there was another person who made my presence known by shouting.

"Look who finally decided to show up... our little tigress."

Ahad...

I turned my head around and found him standing in a black t-shirt and jeans with the same black cap and sunglasses. But the thing that caught my attention was his gun. I didn't know anything about weapons but from the look of it, this gun was heavy and for long-range targets.