#38. Sexist Questions » Chris

*(Y/C/N) = Your Character's Name*

Besides Scarlett and Lizzy, you were the only other girl on the Avengers team. You had been in the movies since the first Avengers movie and fans had dubbed your character "more badass than all of the boys put together", but you still got those sexist questions during interviews and press conferences.

You didn't mind them all that much. You were starting to get used to them. You and Scarlett often joked about the questions people asked you two after interviews. It was all in good fun until you did press promotions for Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Instead of being paired up with Scarlett, like you usually were, you were paired up with Chris Evans. You were close friends with Chris, so you didn't really mind.

The two of you had done at least 3 interviews that day and you were in the middle of your fourth one. The interviewer had been asking Chris all the questions and was pretty well ignoring you. Chris tried to involve you, making jokes and asking you for you opinion on things, which you were grateful for.

Chris had just finished a long answer about what he thinks the future for Cap was after what happened with Ultron and the Avengers and what he could say about Civil War already without getting into trouble with Marvel and finally, the interviewer turned to you.

"So," he started. "(Y/N), Black Widow's character has had quite the romantic story lines in the movies she's been in since Avengers, and there's already rumors about a love story between Vision and Scarlett Witch. When are we gonna see a little romance in (Y/C/N)'s life?"

This didn't surprise you. Chris got a deep question with a deep answer about his character and you got a love life question. Not the first time that had happened, but it still managed to secretly piss you off.

You opened your mouth to reply with the same answer you always said: "I have no idea where my character's love life is gonna go or if she's going to have one at all", but Chris beat you to it.

"Can't you ask a better question?"

You weren't sure what surprised you more, Chris' response or the anger in his voice.

"It's just a question," the interviewer said, innocently.

"It's fine Chris," you whisper.

"No it's not!" Chris snapped. "You've been ignoring her this whole interview, you haven't asked her any questions, and when you do, it's a dumb question about romance?! All my questions have been these deep questions about Steve's background and his future and things like that and the only question you ask her has to do with her character's love life. I'm sure you could've come up with something better."

"Chris," you say. He was fuming mad. You were worried he was about to do something he'd regret, although that outburst just might do the trick once the media got a hold of it.

Chris looked at you for a moment before getting up, unhooking himself from the mics on his shirts and leaving the room. Before anyone could say anything else, you followed, quickly pulling your own mics from your shirt (probably breaking them).

You chased Chris down the hallway till you were a perfect distance from the interview room.

"Chris! Stop!" you called. You were way more out of breath than you should've been when you finally caught up to him. "You know, I've fought aliens, cyborgs and Tom Hiddleston. Chasing you down a hallway shouldn't leave me this out of breath."

Chris managed to crack a smile.

"Listen, I'm sorry for back there," Chris said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "I'm just sick of people asking you all these sexiest questions. I just couldn't take it anymore. Man, the press is gonna have a field day with that clip."

"In a good way," you tell him. "People have been talking about these questions Scarlett and I get since the first Avengers movie. When people see this clip, you'll probably get so much praise for standing up for me."

"I didn't do it for the praise. I did it for you."

You smile at Chris. "You're such a big softy."

"But that's what makes me so great, isn't it?"

You can't help but laugh. Well, he wasn't wrong.

**********************

INSPIRED BY THE FACT THAT MARK RUFFALO ANSWERED A SEXIST QUESTION THAT WAS SCARLETT WAS ASKED YOU GO MARK RUFFALO <3 <3