Chapter 28- Look At What The Tide Brought In

*Veronica's POV*

I looked up at Andrew with my eyes narrowed. He could not be serious right now.

After Shay and I got lost in this mansion, not searching, but hunting for the bathrooms, it wasn't long after until Andrew and Kendall found amusement in our confusion, at the other end of the hall.

I followed Andrew afterwards and thought Shay was behind me, but she wasn't. She probably followed Kendall in a similar manner.

Now I was here standing in front of Andrew because I refused to go have a bath without the clothes I was being lent. Now I wouldn't have minded using my current clothes again, but it's all dusty and grated from me being dragged here earlier. That's reminded me of weakness every time I glanced down at it. I hated how it sounded...makes me sound so weak.

I wonder if Andrew, held all those lashes I ever threw in his direction, against me.

He was currently handing me a long navy blue tshirt and a black boy pants, it looked comfy, I didn't mind it right now but I just couldn't prevent my mind from doing the back talking right now.

Andrew was probably planning to kill me for all anyone knows. So I began. 'Such a grand place y'all Brokers got, and no secret room stashed with women's clothing somewhere.'

'Such a grand fighter reputation you got, and yet you got dragged here, I hope your pride in still in there somewhere.' He retort quickly with his dark eyes boring into mine and a devious smirk.

Now wasn't the time to hit anyone and he just rubbed my failure moment in my face.

'Sick sense of humour. Jerk,' I muttered and took the clothes from his outstretched hands.

While walking toward the bathroom, I knew Andrew was feeling triumphant because of what he told me.

I looked around as I walked. I don't think I've ever been in such a gigantic building before. Wow. These are the kinds of things you see in those fancy, expensive home makeover tv shows. The chandelier probably extended through the middle like the size of my own room. Such a life goal.

After the really refreshing bath, I peeked out to see if anyone was outside before I stepped out. I think I took like ten minutes to try adjusting that complicated shower control just right. Oh rich people.

I was alone and I stepped out barefooted onto the pretty slidy looking wood floor.

What is it with boys and big clothes? I was currently drowning in this navy shirt. Did they like to drown in their own clothes? I don't even understand how their clothes could have distinctive heavenly scents. Do they soak their clothing in clove and cologne?

Before I could turn to look for the door Andrew had entered earlier, something... a hand, pressed onto my mouth and I found myself being dragged backwards. Whoever had their grip on me there was real strong. I was trying so hard to pull free but it deemed useless.

From the scent of the clothing I was given to wear earlier, it came stronger. Andrew. I knew sooner or later he was going to try to murder me.

My feet were dragging helplessly along with me but it only lasted for a few seconds. I was dragged into a room. A room where Kendall was in hysterics seated on a bed with Shay who looked as if she was trying so hard not to laugh.

What was this? I turned to glare at Andrew. Son of a psycho.

'You should see the look on your face right now,' Andrew said looking pleased and amused, his arms folded.

'Andrew,' I acknowledged and got off the floor. 'Do you want to die today?' I could feel heat raising up to my cheeks and my hands ready to clench when I heard him start snickering too.
That was it.