9. Holy Grail

"What the fuck happened last night?" I asked Charlie the moment I came downstairs and found him stretching on the porch with a big grin and warm cup of coffee.

He looked up from tying his shoe," I could ask you the same thing."

"Answer my question first and then I'll answer yours," I answered back.

He rolls his eyes, reminding me so much of Dom my heart painfully jumps," nothing happened. She showed up, by the way thanks for the heads up, and then just wouldn't leave me alone. Well it's more like we just started taking and couldn't stop, I can tell there's something going on with her. She said you guys talked about it, is she okay? Does she need some help?"

I sigh, looking at the front door and shaking my head," no. We talked about other things instead."

He nods," so what's up with you. Why are you never home, what's up with those kids you hang out with ? You all act the same, jumpy and paranoid like someone's going to come out of the dark."

"Do you remember when I warned you about staying away from the woods?" I asked him.

He nods," yeah, you said that beacon hills had changed. Didn't really get what you meant back then."

"What I said still stands, and what's happening is having an effect on all of us. I can't tell you much about it, for now though you have to stay safe and trust me that I'm okay. I will tell you what's going on when it's safe for you but... not right now," my answers is the best I can come up with.

"Does she know?" He asks me, his heart speeds up a little.

I look back towards the door," no and she won't. At least not yet."

He nods," fine. I won't ask but you better not die over it. And if that's all I'm getting then I'm dropping you both off at school today."

I nod, biting back a smile." Any particular reason why? Maybe a strawberry blonde answer?"

"That's what she is," he sighs in relief," I called her Merida last night and she practically smacked me with the cooking pan."

I laughed," yeah don't mess with Lydia and her hair."

"Holy fuck I have never seen a girl that violent besides you. I knew there was a reason I liked her." He says, drinking from his coffee with a smile.

"Oh fuck me."

---

It was an uncomfortable first couple of minutes when I first saw Lydia after her shower. It seemed like she wasn't pissed off though l, hurt yes she had admitted to that but I had apologized one took may times last night and promised that Jackson was not going to become my next boyfriend. Whatever it was that I felt there was no way I would go out with.

She didn't seem as pissed as I had thought, instead she focused on making herself look even more beautiful then normal. I had never seen Lydia spend so much time double checking herself. Not even for Jackson.

"You two make me vomit," I mumbled when I caught her looking.

"You made out with my ex boyfriend," she mumbles, "deal with it."

"Far enough," I say shrugging my shoulders and pulling down the jean shorts I wore, debating if is as going to be freezing my ass off or not. At least the loose grey sweatshirt I worse was thick enough to keep me warm, besides my legs looked great. And I had my warm white converse on.

She applies lipstick once again and then makes her way downstairs," see you downstairs."

----